Hi from Portland, Victoria

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_LaCN

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been reading bits on and off here and have finally taken the time to actually apply here as a member. I am a woman who prefers to be 21 (celebrated that age a number of years now) with a daughter 11yo at home. I work in the aged care industry where i have so much fun,sometimes its not work at all. I have been thinking about getting a snake for a while now,and have finally taken the plunge and applied for a license yesterday while looking at the different species in a reptile shop locally. I was in two minds about which snake,and have decided on the latter,being a Childrens Python of about 5mths old (i just hope she is still available in 2wks time). Have also finally got off my bum and getting tax done tomorrow,which should return cash so that i can get a brand new enclosure rather than a second hand one.
At home here we currently have 2 dogs,2 cats,2 canaries,and a goat!! The goat was actually meant to eat the grass in the rear of the backyard which is separated by a fence,so its in two parts,but she bonded with the dogs. Now i have a goat who lines up at mealtimes and eats dry dog food,and a dog who also shares in carrots which i feed the goat at times! I tell ya,its a mad house here.
So anyways,thats a bit about myself. Looking forward to getting to know you all.
Red.

Mmmm Carnivorous goat.
Enjoy and get a pic up of the little guy when its set up.

First thing first... HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Secondly, try find a breeder rather than a pet shop... I find them more helpful and cheaper.
that's my opinion.

First thing first... HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Secondly, try find a breeder rather than a pet shop... I find them more helpful and cheaper.
that's my opinion.

Have to agree with Josh. Dont go a petshop.... Try and find a breeder close to you. You will probably find a much nicer animal for the same price or less. I have NEVER bought from a petshop...

Welcome... and enjoy :)

hi and welcome red
being a newbie myself I read your post and laughed at your comment - (I am a woman who prefers to be 21 (celebrated that age a number of years now) gee I remember being 21 :p long long time ago
you will love having a snake - my 16 year old son just got his back in Jan this year and to be honest I am the one who is absolutely besotted with her. we have a little spotted and bought her from a BREEDER he found through here on APS and I would definately agree with the comments of not going to a pet shop as they are way overpriced and the breeder we found was so nice and helpful and spent hours talking to us and showing us his vast collection and my son had the pick of about 5 little yearlings so in the end we were very happy with our purchase
make sure your cage set up is 100% secure as our little girl gave us a few heartstopping moments when we thought she had escaped and it's amazing how little space they need to crawl into. First she was caught up in sliding door runner for 2 days and recently she tried to get out through the gap between the sliding glass doors so be prepared ;)
good luck with your new purchase and hope to see photos when your all set up

Hello and welcome. +1 to breeder over pet stores. Looking forward to seeing a pic of whatever you bring home ;)

Hi Red

I am located in Portland and breed pythons. I have some 5 month old spotted pythons available if you are interested and I am happy to assist with any information on husbandry and after sales assistance.

Spotted pythons (Antaresia maculosa) are in the same genus as childrens pythons (Antaresia childreni), they are very similar in look to a childrens pyhton and are a great first python to have.

Let me know if you are interested and I can arrange a time to have you view them.

Welcome to APS.

Cheers Brad

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back