Cheap as Thermostat.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry but why do people insist on buying cheap crap.
You get what you pay for and then we will all get to hear how your cheap as thermo cooked your animals.
Spend the money and you will get years of no stress use.

You get what you pay for and then we will all get to hear how your cheap as thermo cooked your animals.
Spend the money and you will get years of no stress use.
well not everyone has $$$$$ coming out of their backsides. Or if you show me the tree that grow $$$$ I could afford the expensive one. Money can only go so far.

well not everyone has $$$$$ coming out of their backsides. Or if you show me the tree that grow $$$$ I could afford the expensive one. Money can only go so far.
If you can pay for the snake the enclosure the food the power bill you can afford 80 bucks for a good one. If not maybe you should look at something else to keep.
Money does not grow on trees I know but work 70 hrs plus a week and you can afford a house kids an ex wife and a good thermostat that is how I do it.

Because some people aren't suckered in nor make their decisions based on "Expensive must be best"?
There is always that one kid at the disco with the newest, most expensive shoes.....that can't dance.

I've used two of those thermostats for 6 months now, one on a dragon tank and one for my diamond, they work great! Sometimes it's worth buying things online for cheap just to give them a try.

Because some people aren't suckered in nor make their decisions based on "Expensive must be best"?
There is always that one kid at the disco with the newest, most expensive shoes.....that can't dance.
Luckily that was not me cause I was the poor kid in hand me downs.
But I still have yet to have found these 4 words ' cheap, Chinese,and long lasting' to be used anywhere in the world.

I've been using one for a few months now. Temps are fine etc. Whether or not it's long lasting or not doesn't bother me. There $13, ill just buy another one. The thread was started to let people know that the thermostat is working well and it may not be all that bad. I don't see it necessary for you to criticize someone for doing this. No one was questioning your work ethics and chilhood, so just chill out and if people want to "take the risk" and buy a cheap thermostat, whats it to you?

Ive been using cheap chinese thermostats and reptile electrics for years with no issues... reason your getting it so cheap is that your getting it straight from the supplyer, no middle man!
You dont have to pay any import taxes etc because when they send it they mark it as GIFT.
Ive brought things like pen soldering irons for $1 and seen the exact same thing brand and all in dick smith for $60.
Where do you think most of our electric products come from... there imported from overseas for pennys and then the australian seller adds there costs and overhead to the resale price..

As a simple example go to a petstore, look at a digital waterproof thermometer... bet you can find the exact same thermometer, same brand and packaging on ebay for less then a quarter of the cost.. where you think the shop got it..

set your cage up properly with correct bulbs / heat matts u dont need a thermostat, problem solved, thats how i look at it

ive been using these thermostats for over 12 months now and no problems here! they do what they are meant to do and i would recommend them to anyone. great piece of kit

If you can pay for the snake the enclosure the food the power bill you can afford 80 bucks for a good one. If not maybe you should look at something else to keep.
Money does not grow on trees I know but work 70 hrs plus a week and you can afford a house kids an ex wife and a good thermostat that is how I do it.
I'm happy for you if you want to buy the expensive products. Like it's stated if im happy then they get my money especially when I can get 2 for the price of your one.

As long as you check the temp readings against a thermometer you know is accurate, these can be value for money.
And if the unit does become faulty over time, good husbandry (i.e. regular temp checks) should pick it up before it becomes a problem.

I have a few different type of thermostats of varying costs, when it comes down to it I don't fully trust any of them. They all have the capacity to fail regardless of cost.

What happens if the temps inside the room get to 40 degrees plus and your globes / mats are still pumping out heat?
only use low wattage heat matts so if it does happen to be a hot day temp gets to 35 max, then in winter change the heat matts for a hire wattage. (im talkin about melamine banked enclosures btw)

I used this one for my very first incubator, made with a heat cord, dads esky and a couple of water bottles. 15 eggs, all hatched, one python is a problem feeder, but I cant say I put that down to the thermostat used ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back