Breeders Licence QLD

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForgottenXo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I am currently having a rather... Large disagreement with a friend over the stipulations of Recreational Wildlife Licence in Queensland.

They are saying that to breed, with a result of more than 10 Hatchies, you need a Breeders Licence.

I have done some research and the only thing i can find is a COMMERICAL licence which is if you are operating under an ABN or Shop Front..

As far as i can see the only limitations of breeding on a REC Licence is that you cant breed restricted animals (ie. ones not allowed on your licence)

I have also followed up with a Family Member who works IN licencing at DERM and she is saying that she has never HEARD of a "Breeders Licence" before.

I know there are a LOT of breeders on this forum and i have been lucky enough to buy off a few of you...so im asking...are you able to breed on a Basic Rec Licence OR do you need to apply for a Breeders Licence?

no sutch thing. they give you a book to record things like death and breeding in it. you send the records to DERM

Yeah i didnt think their was either. They seem to think DERM is sending them an application for such licence...its the weirdest thing i have ever heard!

In Queensland you are only allowed to have 2 restricted animals be they a pair of womas or a pair of Green tree pythons or one of each.

If you were going to breed one of these species you'd have to be an amendment done to your Rec.reptile license to allow you to have more of them due to "natural increase" which breeding and hatching of a clutch.

But no there is no such thing as a breeders license as such.

In Queensland you are only allowed to have 2 restricted animals be they a pair of womas or a pair of Green tree pythons or one of each.

If you were going to breed one of these species you'd have to be an amendment done to your Rec.reptile license to allow you to have more of them due to "natural increase" which breeding and hatching of a clutch.

But no there is no such thing as a breeders license as such.

Agreed, I did a thread on this months ago and after speaking to DERM, what katana has written is correct:)

Sort of of topic but when you hatch your eggs what do you do about it. Do you have to fill out certain forms and send them to the EPA or do you just leave them unrecorded and just put them down on the momement advice when you sell them?

Had this happen to a friend...you still need to get an amendment done but also with that explanation as to why....if you got damned eggs and they are hatching and they are a restricted species you've had ample time to get your ****e together.

Lodge the damned forms before you sell or risk getting your poor hatchie buyers in trouble with DERM.

No such thing as a "breeder's licence". Full stop. I also believe womas have been removed from restricted and placed on recreational. Don't quote me on that though.

Been told u can breed as much as you want for some people high up and has been dealing with reptiles alot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back