Larry has a tumour. :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to hear the good news and I'm happy, as I'm sure Larry is, that he went to a home who cares enough to take him to the vet to get things sorted as they're noticed.

Too many people treat their animals as disposable.

You're good people Chris.

Thanks guys and gals! :p
i just did what needed to be done, its just lucky i found the lump!!
(and a vet like David Vella, the man is amazing)

Larrys home and enjoying his pain relief meds while gazing dopily out the window! :)

i should get the biopsy results on tuesday,...seems like such a long wait,........damn long weekend, lol!!

Attachments

• LumplessLarry.jpg
    LumplessLarry.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 74
Larrys home and enjoying his pain relief meds while gazing dopily out the window! :)

Happy as Larry. Is he the fluoro yellow beardie you mentioned? He's beautiful.

i should get the biopsy results on tuesday,...seems like such a long wait,........damn long weekend, lol!!

We all have our fingers/claws/tails crossed for you. Lots of chocolate should help with the wait.

I'd wish you good luck, but it looks like I'm a day late.
Good luck with the test results.

No news yet, i thought it might seem a bit impatient if i rang today, the plan is to call after lunch tommorrow if they havent called me,..

on the upside though, Larrys still eating well. :p

Thanks for asking, i'll update as soon as i have news, hopefully early tommorrow, waiting sucks!!

Thanks for asking, i'll update as soon as i have news, hopefully early tommorrow, waiting sucks!!

It sure does. I was hoping you'd know something by today. Still, it sounds like Larry's recovering well, so that's good news.

My baby is shedding as I type. She looks like she's got some weird skin disease, but the yellow underneath is even more intense than it was last time. I'll have to get some photos.

I'll look out for this thread tomorrow afternoon. Good luck.

wow, second shed already, must be a miss piglet! :p

wow, second shed already, must be a miss piglet! :p

Absolutely. She's been fed tonight, but between rubbing her head against rocks and running around like a nut, she returns to her "feeding" corner to give me the Eye. She's growing like a fertilised weed during the wet season.

Absolutely. She's been fed tonight, but between rubbing her head against rocks and running around like a nut, she returns to her "feeding" corner to give me the Eye. She's growing like a fertilised weed during the wet season.

lol @ fertilised weed during wet season, probably a very apt description! :p

well, the update is that theyre not sure what it is, and a third pathologist is having a look,...so the result is no result as yet,....

ill update when i know more,.. :p

well, the update is that theyre not sure what it is, and a third pathologist is having a look,...so the result is no result as yet,....

Not sure if that's good news or bad news. Hopefully you'll hear something soon.

well, the news isnt good, but i dont know how bad it is,..

he has cancer, the cancer cells go up to the edge of the piece they cut out, so theres possibly still some in him.

it seems to be cancer of the pigment of teh lining of the belly skin, (mela-something, they have black belly lining apparently) so the tumour is either made from cancer cells, or it could be that cancer cells have invaded a tumour. (i think i understood that correctly)

its a really rare form, no one knows how the thing will react. He said something about spindle cell if that means anything to anyone.

the test to see if cells have recently divided shows they havent which hints towards it not being aggressive, he also doesnt think its a type of cancer that will spread to other bits which are the ok parts of the news.

removing more than they have will be extremely invasive, and not something hes recomending considering it doesnt appear to be aggressive. so for now im monitoring the area.

theyre still debating it, but thats the update for now. :(

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the bad news. All you can do now is wait and see how Larry goes.
My dads dog had cancer and was only given 2 to 9 months to live, he lasted 2 years. So animals can live a while with cancer if treatment isn't an option.
I hope you get some better news soon :(

Thoughts are with you and Larry,and yes hope for better news soon. I guess close calls like this make us all realize how much we appreciate our own pets.

Oh, damn. That's not the news I was hoping for. But from what you tell me, Larry still acts healthy. With good care (which is guaranteed with you :)) and a little luck, he could stay that way for sometime yet.

Hang in there, Larry and Chris!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back