Identify SNAKE STH COAST NSW PLEASE

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fish171078

Reaction score
Can anyone help me Identify this snake please. Located on the Sth Coast NSW

Attachments

• IMG_0564.jpg
    IMG_0564.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 265
Looks like a Drysdalia rhodogaster.. Google search some images this species or look in a book and compare if you still have the body handy.

not the best pic for an id. treat it as venomous (as it looks to be some kind of elapid), leave it be and call a snake catcher.

hilarious call a snake catcher to catch a dead snake , one good look at the pic will tell you its dead . , yes its a Drysdalia rhodogaster very common on the south coast it is an elapid , but but with enough toxin to knock over a small skink maybe local swelling if a bite happens

Unfortunalty thats the way it uploaded from my phone. And the lighting is a no go due to the time of night

plenty of info there for an ID. Don't worry about the snake catcher now...looks like it's too late for that!![/QUOTE]

Neighbour unfortunatly smacked it and bought it over saying they had baby browns due to my chooks

Neighbour unfortunatly smacked it and bought it over saying they had baby browns due to my chooks[/QUOTE]

I thought it looked dead.

This species of snake only eats skinks, it only averages 40cm so the theory that your chooks attracted it is flawed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back