heres a debate 4 ya......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that we should all be mindfull on how many children we have. I have 2 boys and do not want anymore. We are bringing up our children in a world that is getting harder for the earth to sustain. Be blessed with what you are able to birth be that male or female. would you have stopped having children if you had 2 boys and a girl? Or did you keep going until you had a girl after so many boys?

no i always wanted a big family. we stopped at 5 and number 6 just happend! lol ok im gonna sit back n watch now lol keep em comin.

ok, i failed to completely clarify, apologies. The primary author of the study was a Mr. Satoshi Kanazawa, PhD, in the Journal of Theoretical Biology;
volume 239 Issue 4 pages 450-459,
volume 233 issue 4 pages 589-599, and
volume 235 issue 4 pp. 583-590 amongst others if anyone is bothered looking it up.

And yes, as the journal title suggest it IS theoretical, as in it entertains the idea/hypothesis and aims to prove/disprove it with a debatable outcome, much like evolution is (yes, i may have opened a can of worms here but so be it). It may be a "load of crap" (because as i said, debatable theory) but i do do my research before posting.

Hey thats ok lol dont b sorry. What about men that have a boy then a girl lol does that mean they are half soft featured and half hard and manish? :lol:

Maybe you could arrange to swap a couple of boys with a couple who have all girls.

lol ive thought about it (im joking :lol:) wouldnt swap my boys 4 the world.

He was referring to you having to go take up your time with your kids I believe.

ahhh lol

Fair enough, and good attitude. Not what I expected, as most people I've come across who say I want a boy/girl have ridiculous expectations
about how they want their child to be.

nah let them be who they r i say.

Last edited:
What about men that have a boy then a girl lol does that mean they are half soft featured and half hard and manish? :lol:

if i had a crack at this, i'd say it's tendency, not 100% certainty, but meh, i'm no expert at this. Another quick search shows several hypothesis' that aim to debunk that theory anyway

i think where there is a big chance you will pass along some genetic problem to a child of one sex then you should do all you can not to carry that sex to term, i mean its really not fair on the child is it?

i know of a lady who has some condition which seems to affect the males of her family and she keeps having kids without testing their sex, i could NEVER carry a boy to term knowing he could have a medical condition that made his life almost unbearable from day one and would require a lot more medical intervention then if i had a girl

i know these children are loved but is it really fair on them? its ok when your still around to take care of them but then why must their siblings turn their lives around to take care of a sick brother? yes im sure their sisters love them so very much too but i dont think they should have to take responsibility possibly at the detriment of their own families and or lives

plus if these families dont have private health cover the costs are covered by the public purses which are already struggling under so many pressures for so little funding dollars

as for people paying to get a baby of a sex of their choice it simply comes down to, their money their choice mind your own business

Last edited:
Screw it, you got the money to do it, you wanna do it, do it, Other peoples Opinions are just words that, if you have your mind set then go for it :)

If you allow people to pick the sex does it stop there? Then we have people picking eye colour, hair colour, greater intelligence, greater physical abilities which sounds great at first but you are messing with the diversity of our genes. Diversity in genes is what allows species to stay alive and not become extinct why mess with that?

So I guess that is a no from me. Too short sighted.

Put me down for a blond , blue eyed boy, and I will call him Adolf...

If you allow people to pick the sex does it stop there? Then we have people picking eye colour, hair colour, greater intelligence, greater physical abilities which sounds great at first but you are messing with the diversity of our genes. Diversity in genes is what allows species to stay alive and not become extinct why mess with that?

So I guess that is a no from me. Too short sighted.

I'm all for less stupid people. But yes, full on eugenics is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back