Land cruiser swimming at a creek crossing.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venomous1111

Reaction score
This is a quick video from a mate from a fishing forum I use.. Bit silly not getting out to check the depth but still worth a giggle and a watch check it out..

[video=youtube_share;RrY-GmT9ras]http://youtu.be/RrY-GmT9ras[/video]

I'm guessing he will now need to buy a new drivers seat as the old one would have quite a smell.

Been around on the 4x4 forums for awhile now..
The thing about that crossing is it used to only start where he "drops" right down, which is where people probably turn around just before and go "she'll be right!!
Thats why its a must to walk the whole length of river crossings!!!
I was out there a month back and you couldn't pay me to cross that one:eek:

Aside from not walking it first that was a pretty decent effort to get it back on the track. It's hard to work out if it was skill or dumb luck though

lol that's excellent. I was about to say he must have awesome door seals but then I saw the last couple of seconds...

lmao absolute gold cheers for sharing

lol no dramas mate.

check this one out of some random bloke and a H1 hummer completely under water.

[video=youtube_share;j7gZ28Msa8g]http://youtu.be/j7gZ28Msa8g[/video]

lol that's excellent. I was about to say he must have awesome door seals but then I saw the last couple of seconds...

Very lucky to get out of that one. Would have been better if the door seal weren't quite so good– best thing to do in this situation is to flood the car with water to weigh it down and hence get some traction. I've had to open the back door on my troopy a few times to fill it with water to stop the back from floating!

Most stupid options in 4wds are carpets and flash seats!

Wow! Makes my max 30cm in my kluger look really easy now, although my creek crossing is much faster water!
Thanks for sharing :)

A common "conversation" at my place. Occurs every couple of months
Her: Lets sell both cars and get a nice 4WD
Me:
Her: It would be cheaper
Me:
Her: But then you would take it bush;
Me:
Her: And get it muddy
Me:
Her: And you will get it wet
Me: