I used to hate cats. But now......Post your cat!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love all animals which is lucky since they all seem to love me, with our current situation we can't have much in the way of pets so I got a surprise birthday present last year of having to pick out a kitten.this is Meeya the day we picked her up
100_1400.jpg
about 2 months ago we got a feet-seat and it took about 10mins for her to decide it's perfect for a nap (dodgy fone pic so it's a little out of focus)100_1716.jpgshe's strictly an inside cat if anyone was curious, she is a tiny little thing and last vet visit she just tipped 1kg woohoo :lol:

nice cats people and some dam good photo's too I'm such an amateur lol

Last edited:
These are my 2 babies :) More bengals....

The brown one is Leo and the silver guy is Zeus

In the first photo I was just about to jump in the bath but I was beaten to it! Lucky it wasn't hot....

i take my cats on walks... well it is illegal to let bengal cats outside as they are such amazing hunters they worry that the bengals will kill all the possums and things... so i get out the harness and take them out for strolls in the sun for that vitamin D, but they have plenty of fun inside too... id love to build them a little cat run though so i could put them outside so i could have a break from cats laying on me all day!

I do this too :) Whenever I get the harnesses out they both get excited and run over to sit at the door and wait for me to put them on!

Personally, I think they would be as good a hunter as any other domestic cat. I would NEVER let my guys out without their leads but I wasn't aware that it was actually illegal?

Attachments

• IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0185.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
My fluffies! (they are all big now)

Bear
Bear5.jpg

Bunnie
bec1ce5d.jpg

Wolfie
296108f9.jpg

Wolfie1.jpg

It seems as though some people on APS have dubbed me the crazy cat lady.. dunno why, I rekon its TOTALLY uncalled for ;)

Here are a few quick pics of an outdoor cat run I made for my feline 'pride.' took a little while to do but I love making things, so was great fun! Sorry about the pic quality, these were taken after the last few beams etc were added, and it was getting dark...

423647_10150683896112952_573302951_11318791_660429485_n.jpg

423647_10150683896132952_573302951_11318794_1684537608_n.jpg

I shall stop posting excessive numbers of pictures now :D

I can't wait to do this for my cats once we buy a house! Very cool!

it was made illegal to let bengals roam in NSW for a while there... im not sure if it still is... like around the time savannah cats were made illegal...

I was looking for a Siamese but couldn't find any for sale in my area, so I decided to go look at Tonkinese, which is what Benedict is. They are a cross between Siamese and Burmese. They show the affection of a Burmese and have the intelligence of a Siamese. He is just incredible. He's like a dog, fetches and all! I will get a Siamese though, they are beautiful.

You won't regret getting a siamese. they are just amazing and our girl used to fetch also and I swear she understood me so much that when I said it's time to go to bed she would go into my son's room for a good night cuddle and pat then into the laundry to her bed. she would also sleep with me on the bed nestled into my legs or back and when I was sick and lying on the bed for a sleep she would know and sit by my side and come up ever so gently to my face as if she was checking on me
I miss her and her mum terribly as they literally grew up with my boys and my oldest was devastated when we lost her as they had a very special bond and the photos I have of them together are priceless
but now with our new boy LEO we are again enjoying the antics of having a cat around the house and he is a totally different personality and just makes my day when he snuggles up to me on the bed
benedict is so similar to our girl when I showed my son he just gasped as he thought it was a photo of her... :eek:
when I was looking for LEO who is an Australian chocolate spotted Mist we were thinking of the bengals as they are also amazing and very much like the siamese but your boy is just gorgeous - keep going back to look at him and can just imagaine giving him a big cuddle ;)

7bd3a437-a1c0-8fd7.jpg

This is Benedict. This was taken the day I went to look at all the kittens. The rest kept running away but Ben followed me around the room just watching me. Instead of me picking a kitten, he picked me!

What a beautiful animal. If ever I were to get another cat, this is exactly what I'd be looking at getting.

You won't regret getting a siamese. they are just amazing and our girl used to fetch also and I swear she understood me so much that when I said it's time to go to bed she would go into my son's room for a good night cuddle and pat then into the laundry to her bed. she would also sleep with me on the bed nestled into my legs or back and when I was sick and lying on the bed for a sleep she would know and sit by my side and come up ever so gently to my face as if she was checking on me
I miss her and her mum terribly as they literally grew up with my boys and my oldest was devastated when we lost her as they had a very special bond and the photos I have of them together are priceless
but now with our new boy LEO we are again enjoying the antics of having a cat around the house and he is a totally different personality and just makes my day when he snuggles up to me on the bed
benedict is so similar to our girl when I showed my son he just gasped as he thought it was a photo of her... :eek:
when I was looking for LEO who is an Australian chocolate spotted Mist we were thinking of the bengals as they are also amazing and very much like the siamese but your boy is just gorgeous - keep going back to look at him and can just imagaine giving him a big cuddle ;)

Thanks, I love him to bits. Do you have any pictures of LEO?

What a beautiful animal. If ever I were to get another cat, this is exactly what I'd be looking at getting.

Thanks. He's a tonkinese. Best cat I've ever owned, not only for looks but personality. And such a smoocher!

Krystal looks like she's rolling her eyes in this one.

Attachments

• Krystal3.jpg
    Krystal3.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 72
Mum and bro have just returned from the vet.
So it turns out that wednesday is a boy lol
He also does have cat flu, and an eye infection.
Doctor said it should be easy to manage and he'll pull through just fine :)

Well, I hope Wednesday gets nice and healthy over the coming days/weeks and settles into a life of loves and luxury! Glad to hear he should be ok. :)

I know next to nothing about cats, but when i see this pic it reminds me of egyptian cats. Are they the same?

Good to hear Kev, you definitely did the right thing by taking her to the vet as I said. Did they explain what preventative medicines, diet etc you need to give him? And don't worry, male and female cats are commonly mistaken. A male can often go in to be castrated, only to turn into a spey, for example hehe.

I'm really glad your little one's come into your care :D

As to Akarsha's cat, thats a Tonkinese.. the main breed I think of when I hear the word 'Egyptian' are the Abyssinian, like in these pictures (From google :) nice looking cats :D
235px-Gustav_chocolate.jpg
Abysinian.jpg

View attachment 246265this is leo when he was just a baby after we brought him home
IMAG0033.jpgand this is him now - he is a lovely caramel/chocolate/latte colour and has spots on his body and stripes on his tail
very spoilt and thinks he is a human when hubby is in the kitchen preparing dinner Leo sits on his scratching post and gives hubby this look like... hello I'm here for my share of the feast and of course hubby gives in because if he is ignorned his next step is to jump down and sit next to hubbys feet with his tail draped across hubbys feet as if to say your not going anywhere untill I get FOOD :p of course it works everytime

View attachment 246267and this one akarsha is my son and our siamese girl - this photo is my favorite and was probably taken a year before she left us - she just adored my son and would melt into his arms :( miss her to this day and could never find another one like her

Last edited:
Kitah would be right about the Egyptian cats. Tonks are a relatively new breed and have not long been recognized as a breed of their own.

LEO is gorgeous! Such a pretty boy. I need to stop looking at cats because I just want more! I already have 4 and my other half would not allow anymore babies!

I can only see the middle pic you posted of LEO, the others aren't showing up.

Good to hear Kev, you definitely did the right thing by taking her to the vet as I said. Did they explain what preventative medicines, diet etc you need to give him? And don't worry, male and female cats are commonly mistaken. A male can often go in to be castrated, only to turn into a spey, for example hehe.

I'm really glad your little one's come into your care :D

As to Akarsha's cat, thats a Tonkinese.. the main breed I think of when I hear the word 'Egyptian' are the Abyssinian, like in these pictures (From google :) nice looking cats :D
235px-Gustav_chocolate.jpg
Abysinian.jpg

Thanks Kitah! :D

I wasn't the one to take Wednesday to the vet, I have too many animals of my own to look after lol, but I'm assuming my brother and mum got all that info from the vets.
Just wanted to ask about the milk. The vet didn't give them any formula, and said the supermarket pets milk is ok? Maybe he's not as young as i think....

And those photos are perfect when i think of the egyptians :) Thanks for sharing!

Oh yeah, btw, I believe cats are much easier to toilet train than dogs, is that right?

Kitah would be right about the Egyptian cats. Tonks are a relatively new breed and have not long been recognized as a breed of their own.

LEO is gorgeous! Such a pretty boy. I need to stop looking at cats because I just want more! I already have 4 and my other half would not allow anymore babies!

I can only see the middle pic you posted of LEO, the others aren't showing up.[

mmm sorry but I must be doing something wrong when posting them.... how do I get more than one pic posted - like thumbnails ?
I would love to have more cats also but having had 2 over a period of 20 years and being on the cusp of senior citizenship :) I thought a new cat and 2 teenage boys were enough of a handful

I really really like akarsha's cat. However, looking around at Tonkinese cats -- there are also a lot I'm not too fond of.
I like the elegant looking face and big bright blue eye, but some others I've seen look quite boney/scrawny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back