Worst camping trip!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tassie97

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
ok so we just got back from a camping trip up to the central highlands to go fishing/herping. we got there mid day yesterday it was nice weather up there and the ocellated skinks were out! (i was setting up camp though :( ) went out in the boat for a little bit,(not receiving one bite!)
then we had tea etc and it started to spit with rain! so we packed up our gear and went into the tent, well that spitting turned into a MASSIVE thunder and lighting storm! this storm was extremely close and lightning struck near by! it was so windy! i thought that the tent was going to blow away, my lil sister like had a panic attack through all this (fear of lighting/storms) then it poured with rain, flooding our tent! ugh was not a good night lol we were going to stay till Monday but we weren't putting up with that again! lol we packed up and left first thing in the morning!
kinda devo i didn't get to take many photos, we didn't get a bite in the short time we were out in the boat and i didn't get around to catching myself some more ocellated skinks! (im licensed to do so)

oh well could have been worse :p

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE :)

Not when the water is IN your tent, not fun at all.

I paint weatherproofing sealer all over our swag/ tent on the very rare occasion we ever get to go camping. I had one really bad camping trip as a kid where my air bed was practically floating on inches of water in our 12man tent after a flash flood. Now I get freaked out at the sound of rain on the roof in fear of it happening again lol. I literally use a whole 250ml bottle of the weather sealer on whatever we're using even if I only painted the thing 6mths prior with it. Works a treat though!
Better luck next time with the weather. At least you found the time and got the opportunity to try the trip :lol:
Happy Easter to you and yours.

Get yourself some telescopic poles, plenty of rope and one big *** tarp!I used to hate having to pack up when the rains came so started tarping the whole site, now the weather don't matter!

Get yourself some telescopic poles, plenty of rope and one big *** tarp!I used to hate having to pack up when the rains came so started tarping the whole site, now the weather don't matter!
lol thats what other people did, it lasted half an hr before it blew away lol

oh i forgot, it started to snow aswell

I remember once I went camping with a friend. It was really hot and stuffy in the tent so I had the bright idea of us bringing our sleeping bags outside to sleep outdoors. I woke up to find it had stormed during the night, I somehow slept through it (Im a heavy sleeper, plus Id had a tiring day the day before) and woke up in a muddy ditch a few metres from the tent. My friend had woken up as the rain started at midnight and gone back in the tent, bastard didn't even wake me up to tell me lol.

I remember once I went camping with a friend. It was really hot and stuffy in the tent so I had the bright idea of us bringing our sleeping bags outside to sleep outdoors. I woke up to find it had stormed during the night, I somehow slept through it (Im a heavy sleeper, plus Id had a tiring day the day before) and woke up in a muddy ditch a few metres from the tent. My friend had woken up as the rain started at midnight and gone back in the tent, bastard didn't even wake me up to tell me lol.
lol :p

Not when the water is IN your tent, not fun at all.

I seem to have forgotten that bit!

Last year we went on a 'survivor' camp, it was fun, but one night we had to make a shelter out of whatever we could find and a shredded tarp - that night the winds reached 40km/h and rained, fun times!

Ohhh u poor things lol i can only imagine it was far from fun lol. I bet there were some choice squeels and words coming out of that tent ha ha with your lil sister being so scared of the thunder :p

rather be listening to rain on my tent than what i have to do for easter (working)have a good and safe easter every bods

lol thats what other people did, it lasted half an hr before it blew away lol

oh i forgot, it started to snow aswell

Buddy, I'd give lefty to go trout fishing while it's snowing! Toughen up buttercup, thought you were Tasmanian! Heheh, Just gotta put some effort and thought into the tarp tying and it won't go anywhere! Hope you have better luck next time! :D

The key is gore-tex bivvy/sleeping systems - 100% dry regardless of how much it rains or snows & with the right bags your good to -40 deg Celcius!
Mil spec stuff but worth every cent. I love sleeping in the rain & snow now

I'm hearing you, there were nearly 17 drops of rain on us Thursday night. Apart from that warm/hot weather
with fast flowing beautiful creek 100 metres away : )

Lol just checked cameras up there and its covered in a blanket of snow lol im glad im here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back