Viscious Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try welders gloves $10 at Bunnings they wont bite through those, and up the feeds. I purchased a SWCP that bit everyone in site and had done for at least 2 years hence she was sold to me at a great price. Within 2 months of big feeds handeling with gloves and good temps etc she settled down. She is now the best snake to handel I own. She layed eggs end of last year and even let me touch her and the eggs while she was laying them. She gets a bit cranky when she goes into shed and hisses and puffs up a bit but never strikes.

Last edited:
You should realise that even snakes have differing personalities and they can't all be squeezed into a box in a shape that suits you. If this animal has behaved consistently like this for 2 years, chances are it will continue to do so. Just accept that it doesn't particularly like being handled, and adapt YOUR behaviour accordingly. Easy as that.

Snakes lose teeth in prey all the time, and they grow back very quickly.

Jamie

Yeh I understand that and she has has ALWAYS been like that. I have had many snakes and I understand this one will always be flighty, I was just hoping someone might have had slight success with improving the stress level of their animal, and therefore the behaviour. But I'll continue to try and improve her feeding patterns and environment by trialling what might make her happier. Not giving up on this one :)

She seems to like sitting in the middle of her enclosure rather than hiding, but she likes she likes to be left alone. She's only ever in her warm hide when she's about to shed, it's almost as if she defends her territory haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back