Canon 100mm Macro

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakelady96

Reaction score
Hi all, i am after some advice from Canon lovers :) I've been thinking about getting the canon 100mm macro lens for a while and want to get some background from other people who have the lens... I want it mainly for reptile close ups of snake faces/heads, geckos, dragons, some birds, plants etc... I've been told by the local 'Harvey Norman' shop that they will work well for that but they will say anything to get people to buy stuff so would really appreciate any advice on the lens and or if another one would work better for what i want to use it for.
Thanks in advance! :)

I actual looked at some macro lenses in jb hi I'f one was 1800 one was 900 I almost fell over ebays got them cheap as chips.

Cheers Brenton

Hi all, i am after some advice from Canon lovers :) I've been thinking about getting the canon 100mm macro lens for a while and want to get some background from other people who have the lens... I want it mainly for reptile close ups of snake faces/heads, geckos, dragons, some birds, plants etc... I've been told by the local 'Harvey Norman' shop that they will work well for that but they will say anything to get people to buy stuff so would really appreciate any advice on the lens and or if another one would work better for what i want to use it for.
Thanks in advance! :)

Get one online. Both the 100mm are great lenses, you should be able to pick up the original without the image stabilisation cheap nowadays. Can't see what use a 100mm would be for for wild birds but if you like photographing birds in cages for some reason it'll be fine.

Last edited:
Cheers mate! :)
And sara_sabian - Thank you for sharing that amazing pic! Makes me want to buy one even more now, i think ill get it from that Topbuy place now instead of ebay

Cheers mate! :)
And sara_sabian - Thank you for sharing that amazing pic! Makes me want to buy one even more now, i think ill get it from that Topbuy place now instead of ebay

Have you checked overseas as well? Sometimes shipping is a killer from overseas... B&H Photography in New York is one of the best companies I have ever dealt with. B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders

Just be careful - shipping costs can be a killer.

I've also found many other American photography shops online to be far better in price, especially when the AUD$ is doing so well!

I see macro lenses on eBay for $100 bucks.

Cheers Brenton

Buy digital cameras online in Sydney. Our camera warehouse ships digital cameras and lenses all across Australia (sorry if this is rule breaking)
I have gotten heaps of gear from these guys. I actually bought a new 24-105 last wed/thurs and it arrived this morning!

I definitely recommend the 100mm macro and have one myself, but I would opt for the IS version.

I can also vouch for B&H, faster then almost all aussie sites (except maybe DDP haha)

I used DDP a few times with no issues but recently theyre getting slack. Taking orders and accepting payment for items they don't have for one and taking weeks to get gear shipped off. Beware.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back