Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

angie90

Reaction score
Hi guys!
Found this guy out at Dayboro QLD on the North Pine River enjoying his meal. ID please?

Attachments

• IMG_0462 small.jpg
    IMG_0462 small.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 160
YAY thought it was a Keelback, wanted to be sure :)
Never seen one before; I'm from Queensland but now live in Perth. Just here visiting my parents.

Think its a toad or a brown frog in it's mouth.. Didn't get too close because we weren't too sure of what it was. The pic was taken on full zoom so just looks close.

Thanks guys

Keelback?? i was thinking a Green Tree Snake ive seen them with that same pattern / flec of blue/green while eating or unhappy. Im just putting my guess out there.

Its a nice keelback. You can see the keeled scales along the back pretty well in this picture.

Keelback?? i was thinking a Green Tree Snake ive seen them with that same pattern / flec of blue/green while eating or unhappy. Im just putting my guess out there.

Nah mate definitely a Keelback, they do share the feature of flecking pattern, but so do a lot of snakes when they flare out their flanks including Eastern Browns. The head and the way the keels sit in rows give it away, as well as the lower flanks near the ventral surface and the thickness of the body.

He's eating a frog, that's the frog's back leg you can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back