What is the BEST cleaning Products!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another F10 fan over here. Use it at home and at work. But don't use it with any detergents with it or it doesn't do its job.
I think bleach is a good alternative.

Home disinfectants will work fine if you rinse the surfaces afterwards. Or bleach as Ramsayi mentioned is also a great disinfectant. F10 is good though very overpriced.

I use F10, rolls of paper towel, a plastic and a metal scraper, a plastic dishwashing brush, disposable gloves and a garbage bag. I have a big tub of bleach solution and place the bowls and furnishings in this including shed rocks etc.

I use F10, rolls of paper towel, a plastic and a metal scraper, a plastic dishwashing brush, disposable gloves and a garbage bag. I have a big tub of bleach solution and place the bowls and furnishings in this including shed rocks etc.

Must be a big dub to stick a shed in it.

only prob i find with the f10 once i clean my tank then spray it down with f10 with spray bottle it kinda leaves light smudge/blotches on the glass, so i clean it off 2 hours later with water once the f10 has done its job, if the f10 spray is on the glass and dried out and i mist the glass windows and my gecko licks up the water particles with f10 in it would it be bad for them ? because thats why i wash it after with water to get rid of the f10 residue

I use water, paper towel & Vetafarm disinfectant spray. Works really well, its hospital grade & safe for reptile enclosures.

only prob i find with the f10 once i clean my tank then spray it down with f10 with spray bottle it kinda leaves light smudge/blotches on the glass, so i clean it off 2 hours later with water once the f10 has done its job, if the f10 spray is on the glass and dried out and i mist the glass windows and my gecko licks up the water particles with f10 in it would it be bad for them ? because thats why i wash it after with water to get rid of the f10 residue
wont hurt them you can use this stuff in foggers to get rid of fungal infections in frogs as well as respiritary infections

What most of the others said....F10. It's a take no chances approach. Shop around if u can as I have seen the price vary quite substantially.

That being said if u only have one herp shop within 50k's it's a no brainer.

Oh and it's good for wherever the missus has been too. :oops:

Last edited:
so reptiles in particular geckos will have no problems drinking a diluted form of f10 in water ?

I depends why you are cleaning. I am surprised F10 gets rid of smells any more than bleach and water. The main thing is not toexpose animals or the environment to any more chemicals than necessary. We dont need to neuc the planet, afterall any germs in a reptile cage have normally come from the animal which lives in there and are part of their micrenvironment. There is something to be said for developing natural resistance. We dont want to develop asthmatic reptiles by killing their natural immune systems.

I depends why you are cleaning. I am surprised F10 gets rid of smells any more than bleach and water. The main thing is not toexpose animals or the environment to any more chemicals than necessary. We dont need to neuc the planet, afterall any germs in a reptile cage have normally come from the animal which lives in there and are part of their micrenvironment. There is something to be said for developing natural resistance. We dont want to develop asthmatic reptiles by killing their natural immune systems.

Of course I can understand that, I actually take my pythons out and let them sliver around outside when I can, but the smell of old crap was getting overpowering lol haha

There is a good article on disinfectants in the reptiles Australia mag vol 2 issue 5. Here is a pic of a table comparing all the different types with the pros & cons. If the pic isn't clear enough I will upload it from my computer when I get home.
31b7b4b0-fdc4-d209.jpg

abnrmal91 could u post a clearer picture as i cant read that one and wouldn't mind reading that article

There is a good article on disinfectants in the reptiles Australia mag vol 2 issue 5. Here is a pic of a table comparing all the different types with the pros & cons. If the pic isn't clear enough I will upload it from my computer when I get home.

Would love a clearer picture abnrmal91 :)

Im using a new product - blitz - Aussie made & owned & every bit as good as F10.
The best thing is the price - $19.95 for 500ml in concerntrated form. Around half the price of F10
I have found it actually removes stains the F10 didnt, such as the coir peat stains on the bottom of the plastic frog tanks, etc.
I wont be going back to F10 while this is around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back