What is this sweet looking snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teenherper

Reaction score
Only new here and would love any help please, I saw this snake on a web site and it looks so totally awesome!!! I want it! is it Australian? is it venomous?
How do i get 1? ty all chloe. oh ooppsss lol the site is (No LINKS)I think it might be american?? dunno?

oh and hello all

Last edited by a moderator:
It is an australian coral snake, also known as a shovel nose snake. I don't think they are on licence, though you would have to check your state wildlife laws.
It has a weak venom not considered dangerous to humans

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forums.

Its great that you are interested in getting a snake! They are very rewarding pets.

May i suggest you do some research in snake husbandry and apply for a reptile license. Do remember that snakes are life long pets so you need to have a realistic thought if you are going to keep it for the next 20 years or not.

Also a good idea to sit down and calculate all the running costs and food, to see if its going to be ok on your budget.

Im not too sure what species that snake you are asking about is btw, but best of luck and dont be shy to ask any further questions.

Cheers

I say EB juvi. Eastern brown juvi. Would def not pick it up if I saw it around
Only new here and would love any help please, I saw this snake on a web site and it looks so totally awesome!!! I want it! is it Australian? is it venomous?
How do i get 1? ty all chloe. oh ooppsss lol the site is [] I think it might be american?? dunno?

oh and hello all

How do i get 1? ty all chloe. oh ooppsss lol the site is [] I think it might be american?? dunno?

oh and hello all

How did you find that website? Seems fairly new to me only having 60 views.Are you associated with that site in any way?

thanks for the replies i am a little confused, brown or coral snake? It was a random find, was lookin at stuff and saw it. i wish i was part of the site the snake would be mine yay

Seems silly that an organization that sells carpets has a coral snake on its homepage

i think your post may be removed as it can be classified as a link to a site for advertising purposes as there are snakes for sale on the website.... just a heads up

How did you find that website? Seems fairly new to me only having 60 views.Are you associated with that site in any way?

Knows nothing about snakes, yet the screenname is teen*herper* ?

Australian Coral Snake - We see them often out at night here, very pretty little snake.

Here's a pic from Qld NPWS... Coral snake.

Given the low view count on the home page... sniff, sniff, sniff... smells a bit like a promotion Troll trying to get users onto a new site.

Coral-Snake-2.jpg

what did you type into google to find it?

thanks for the replies i am a little confused, brown or coral snake? It was a random find, was lookin at stuff and saw it. i wish i was part of the site the snake would be mine yay

thanks to all that replied without flaming me, seems there are more lovley people on this site than helpful users. I simply came here for help. Goodbye.

Well if we were that thin skinned we can't have been that keen for help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back