Unusual Red Spots under a dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredbandt

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I'm very curious whether I have done wrong with my dragons. All seem to be fine but one was buried for a few days and when cleaned out enclosure he appears to have lots of red little dots under his stomach. I have searched enclosure in and out and can't seem to find anything in here. all crickets get eaten, there were a few extremely small bugs that were black but have got rid of all of them. Spots have become slightly lighter red but have still been there for the last few weeks.

Should I be worried? Only one out of 5 lizards in enclosure have them. I would of thought if they were bites they would appear on all lizards and not just one. All have a well balanced diet of dusted crickets with repti-cal and repti-vite. There is also usually shaved carrot and celery to nibble on.

P1010357.jpgP1010354.jpg

behaviour is normal and she is very alert and responsive. could it be something to do with breeding ?

one of the other lizards has passed out over his tree which i thought was funny.

anyone got any ideas? 35 people viewed and no suggestions?

any ideas anyone? or is this a stupid question??

Last edited:
chicken pox??! sorry ive never seen anything like it b4. you would think if hes in a group the others would have gotten it too

I'm sorry I don't have any ideas. I would have suggested perhaps a mite or something but if the others don't have them then I'm really not sure. An allergy to something in the enclosure perhaps? The sand you're using looks fine enough that it shouldn't be cutting unless it's getting in under the scales and irritating it? Sorry not sure as I don't own lizards at all yet. Good luck with it and I hope it gets better soon.

thanks for the replies. has me stumped. He's still active and alert and curious as per usual. there is nothing in the tank that could bite him and none of the other lizards are affected. beats me

Black Soil Dragons?..

Not sure what it could be, I haven't come across anything like that before
I've had my black soil dragons on play sand before without any issue (mostly so the female could nest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back