Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgana

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have learned really quickly that 'tyrekicker' isn't just a description applicable to buyers who give people the run around. Apparently it can also apply to sellers.

PLEASE - ANYONE THINKING OF PURCHASING A SNAKE.......BE SURE YOUR SELLER IS HONEST!!!!! DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO ENSURE THIS. CHECK THEIR FEEDBACK. CHECK THEIR FRIENDS LIST AND MAKE SURE THEY'VE GOT A LONG STANDING GOOD REPUTATION.

I have just had my deposit stolen off me in one transaction, and 4 other 'sellers' who were supposed to get back to me over the weekend with last minute arrangements, who haven't.

I guess my first snake buying transaction a few weeks ago with goyathlay2 went so well and so professionally that I was lulled into the old trap of assuming all transactions would go as well. SILLY ME!!

TO THE MONGREL WHO STOLE MY MONEY, I HOPE YOUR PLANE FALLS OUT OF THE SKY ON YOUR LITTLE OVERSEAS HOLIDAY. CRASH AND BURN WITH ALL MY BLESSINGS.:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

TO THE SELLERS WHO WASTE PEOPLE'S TIME......DON'T!!!!!! IF YOU DON'T WANT A DECENT BUYERS MONEY, THERE ARE SURELY OTHER MORE REPUTABLE SELLERS WHO DO! GO MAKE YOUR BEER MONEY SOME OTHER WAY.

My bitch over.

Morgana

Last edited:
Sorry that happens I had the same problem with a person on here who still regularly uses this forum.

Cheers Brenton

Dam! That sucks then. I never would give deposits unless I had checked the sellers information etc etc but as you said a little too late now. Fingers crossed you get your money back??? You trying to recover it? Another tip, with a deposit always get a receipt signed and dated etc etc.

Bummer your second transaction wasn't as successful as the first...but hang in there!

haha not as bad as paypal. I had a buyer purchase some electronics, drop it and made a claim through paypal and paypal forced me to give them their $2000 back and now I'm left with broken goods.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had the instance on here of agreeing on a price for a snake, advising I would be making the deposit in 2 days time when I had a day off work and getting all the freight sorted. I then recieved an email on the day I made the deposit only to be told he sold the snake elsewhere. I lost $180 on freight as I paid when I was quoted. NOT HAPPY.

All I can say is if there was a place on here to be able to report dodgy dealings it would be great. I had a similar instance with an incubator. I was told it was sold only to recieve a pm a few days later saying that I could offer more and they would tell the buyer it was sold to another person.

VERY WRONG.

Thanks guys, yeah there's always going to be thieves and con-men, guess it's the way of the world. Caveat Emptor.....let the buyer beware.

Jaredbandt, that's a crap act on their part.....there just seems to be no justice these days. I've had woes with Paypal transactions too - they're a mob of bloody crooks. I try not to deal through them if possible.

Ah, well. Gotta just keep swimming, just keep swimming........

Morgana

about 6 months ago I had a seller sell lizards to me after I had given him a deposit, then sell the second lot he offered and then when I wanted my money back he abused me saying I was the most painful customer has had to deal with .. ***.

Hello Lads...

Just to be clear... when the OP posted "TO THE MONGREL WHO STOLE MY MONEY, I HOPE YOUR PLANE FALLS OUT OF THE SKY ON YOUR LITTLE OVERSEAS HOLIDAY. CRASH AND BURN WITH ALL MY BLESSINGS.:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:"

He WAS NOT talking about me. So please... no more nasty PMs. :)

Cheers all
The Nice Mongrel :)

I haven't used it in a while, but you (as a regular member) should be able to leave feedback for anyone selling on this site (subscribers, etc.)

Awesome Thanks guys!!

Might be an idea for Morgana to do it too! Time to oust the dodgy sellers!

Hello Lads...

Just to be clear... when the OP posted "TO THE MONGREL WHO STOLE MY MONEY, I HOPE YOUR PLANE FALLS OUT OF THE SKY ON YOUR LITTLE OVERSEAS HOLIDAY. CRASH AND BURN WITH ALL MY BLESSINGS.:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:"

He WAS NOT talking about me. So please... no more nasty PMs. :)

Cheers all
The Nice Mongrel :)

Hahahahah that's funny.

Cheers Brenton

Wow... you sure know how to pick'em. This is my first season at selling snakes. So I don't have a sales history (on here anyway) but that's not to say that I'm going to be a thief or anything. I have a lot of experience in sales and marketing in unrelated fields, and the biggest, most obvious way to get returning customers is through excellent PR and ongoing support. If you don't have that, you're going to struggle down the track.

The only dishonest seller ive had to deal with was when I bought my beardies, they said one would turn yellow and the other one red. I later found out a month later during a shed that the red one was stained in a red dye to make it appear it was red.

Oh well its not all bad I preferred yellow ones anyway.

Shadowpuppet, it was died red??:shock:
What will they think of next... And its a wonder how they can sleep at night being so dishonest.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Sure seems like we need an open name and shame section.

Sorry Nice Mongrel, I would never intentionally point the finger at a decent, honest Mongrel such as your self! I only wish immolation on those bottom-feeding type Mongrels.;)

Omg, from dyed red lizards:shock: to copping the flack for goods damaged by the buyer - there really seems to be a few *****#les around making it bad for everyone.

I want to say publicly that I have also been dealing with Dmnted and jinjajoe who have bee absolutely great - very professional.

Coming from the horse industry, I really should have been more aware. In that game you get an education in dirty deals done dirt cheap very, very quickly. Some body is always shafting somebody, and the $$$ stakes are a lot more than with snakes, although stealing money from anyone is bloody evil in my book regardless of the $ value.

Well, all I can say is, if you have a story about getting a bad deal from someone on this forum - have your say. It all goes to help us all stay on our toes.

Cheers,
Morgana

Watch out for used cars . You can buy a wax polish now that is tinted to fill chips and scratches , makes the paint look wonderful , till the first hot car wash :/ Love the dyed lizard , if only they would use their brain for niceness instead of evil . [ with apologies to Maxwell Smart ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back