Would love to hear peoples views on Olives

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nezikah

Reaction score
My first snake 17 years ago was an olive python.

Now that I have bought a house, am settled in it and have the room, time, funds etc available I am looking at getting an Albino olive.

I would love to hear peoples views on them. I currently have Bhp's, spotteds, Waters and Coastals.

Absolutely love them! Mine is so placid and the best snake I own, would love an albino olive tho!

i held a friends albino olive the other week, i am in love woth them now, definately on the list of must haves...

LOVE Olives, always have. Hubby finally decided to get one last yr so ours is still a baby compared to what he will be. But jeez do they grow fast & have an amazing appetite, ours is a better eater than our Womas, no messing around at dinner time. He does have a fantastic attitude which most do have, I have heard of the odd bad tempered one which I wouldn't want to tangle with.

My old girl was a sweetheart. I was distraught when I had to sell her. I wasnt allowed to keep her in a rental and my parents didn't like snakes. My next step is to find a nice Albino thats for sale in my price range...

Olive Python's are the best Australian Python to have IMO, they are so placid and inquisitive what more would you want, l got my very first Olive Python in July 2000, they are my number 1 pet Python and will always be as long as l keep Reptile's.

Myself and wokka on this site should have some more hatchlings ready for sale early next year. My thoughts are they are one of the best pythons around.

Attachments

• AO 03 F.jpg
    AO 03 F.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 169
  • Olive 01.jpg
    Olive 01.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 168
  • Olive mating low res.jpg
    Olive mating low res.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 179
Myself and wokka on this site should have some more hatchlings ready for sale early next year. My thoughts are they are one of the best pythons around.

Troy other than yourself and Wokka is there any other Olive Breeders in QLD?

Given I haven't handled too many snakes I had the perfect opportunity last Saturday at Totally Reptiles. I waltzed into the shop totally oblivious to the fact that a female customer had a largish olive wrapped around her twice. Curiosity getting the better of me I thought it actually belonged to her so joined in on the chat with her and the worker. She could tell I was more then pre-occupied in the large Olive. It wasn't long before she said do u want to hold it.

I wasn't hesitant at all and jumped (not literally) at the opportunity. Was a great experience for someone who hasn't had much experience handling these. I had it for about 10-15 mins and it was quite content to climb all over me and for someone reason took a liking to my hair. Kind of just smelt around the area.

Thats how good they are. I convinced Troy to get rid of most of his other snakes to make room for Olives. Then again, he did convince me to try a few Jags. Now we are both better off.

here are some snaps....... I had a go at breeding them last year..... no joy.... fun to work with.....

not a patch on Blueys tho !!!!

Attachments

• DSCF0020.jpg
    DSCF0020.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCF0204.jpg
    DSCF0204.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Olive 2.jpg
    Olive 2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCF0435.jpg
    DSCF0435.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 107
  • ALBX.jpg
    ALBX.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCF0019.jpg
    DSCF0019.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 107
Jinjajoe - They are beautiful!! We'll take them off your hands if you want to make more room for Blues!! ;-)

Last edited:
Olives are great.... I never drink a martini without one (shaken, not stirred of course) hehehehehe

Seriously, I will get an olive, but I just like the usual coloured ones. They look like a snake should look, get nice and big, and unless you get a nasty one, they have nice temperament from what I have heard from owners :)

yeah nice temperaments :p
[video=youtube;Z1GN1YtNnlU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1GN1YtNnlU[/video]

They are great,especially if you love big cuddly snakes.ive found some have a tendency to give you a nip of they feel inclined.a bit on the heavy side though.

hey jinjajoe can i ask whats with the towels in their cages??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back