Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just had my deposit stolen off me in one transaction, and 4 other 'sellers' who were supposed to get back to me over the weekend with last minute arrangements, who haven't. Morgana

:(Sorry to hear what happened to you. Can you tell me if any the 'sellers' were from ads on The HerpTrader?
Thanks, Judy

Hi Trader,

No, he wasn't on Herp Trader......the guy I dealt with was from this forum. Of course that's not to say he hasn't got ID's on Herp Trader, or multiple ID's on here and other forums for that matter. Could have himself a nice little grift going for all we know!!
Cheers,
Morgana

I seem to have been lucky so far, and I hope it stays this way. Anything over $250 I will make sure only comes from reputable people or professional breeders, with the exception of my new Jag, which luckily is being held in escrow by someone I know whom I have bought from before and had a good product. I drive people nuts with many questions about products, I'm not a tyre kicker, but I do like to know what I'm paying for.<br><br>As for paypal, Ive been on both ends, been ripped off by slellers and buyers

Hi Trader,

No, he wasn't on Herp Trader......the guy I dealt with was from this forum. Of course that's not to say he hasn't got ID's on Herp Trader, or multiple ID's on here and other forums for that matter. Could have himself a nice little grift going for all we know!!
Cheers,
Morgana

What was he selling?

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Sure seems like we need an open name and shame section.

Maybe you should leave negative feedback for them in the marketplace feedback system... ;)

I bought a Spencers monitor a while ago now, I'm surprised I got it in the end, because the seller was the biggest money grabbing prick I've ever met.

I came to him saying I'll buy the monitor, he said he wants to swap it for a black headed monitor, I didn't have a black headed monitor, but I new someone with one, so I agreed and set one up for him. Once I got back to him about it, he decided he wanted 2 black headed monitors for it instead (because he had just found out how much he could get for it), I ended up finding another one and got back to him. He then said he now wants 2 lacies instead of the 2 black headed monitors, (they were a bit easier to find) so I found them instead. Then he said he just wants $450 cash for it, I agreed and said I could pick it up strait away, he said he would drop it off tomorrow (that never happened).

We ended up going back and forth for a month untill we finally agreed on a time and day to do it. But come that day, 1 hour before he's ment to drop it to me, he calls me saying "someone just called and offered me $600 for the Spencers, so I'm going to get my money's worth".

I lost my M ***** F ****** MIND!!!

I have never spoken to anyone like I spoke to him. Anyway a long story short, I really wanted that Spencers, so I offered $600 but I want it NOW, he of course agreed to the price after 1 hour of very polite chat :), but I had to wait another week to get it. Finally he came to drop it off, we never spoke a word to each other, he couldn't even look me in the eye. But I got it and I don't regret it, my Spencers is awesome.

He still offers me cool things every now and then, but I will never buy anything off him again. To much brain damage.

Unfornatly I have dealt with some very dishonest sellers too.Due to site rules we can not name and shame them If we could these dishonest people would soon go out of buisness Its sad some people use there animals as breeding machines and do not maintain them properly

It may have been an Albino x Jungle cross

Unfornatly I have dealt with some very dishonest sellers too.Due to site rules we can not name and shame them If we could these dishonest people would soon go out of buisness Its sad some people use there animals as breeding machines and do not maintain them properly
I'm hoping by the time I get around to breeding I won't be viewed like this, I know I'm going overboard buying up all sorts of pythons right now, but I have to experiement with what type I will end up working with and so will try out every type.

I don't have much of a good opinion about backyard breeders, its sad. I care about the welfare of all animals, even the food for my snakes. but I do love all the girls I have to death, while some of them don't like excessive handling (My Diamond is a cranky bitch and my Darwin classic is a biting machine), the other attention seekers amongst them love it. I'm forever checking their cages for smells, crap and bugs. I even fuss over my girls when I see a damaged scale, I guess I'm way too clucky, makes up for the fact I don't have kids.

Who needs em anyways when you have carpets or other reptiles!

Last edited:
Yeah it was dyed a pinky red all over its feet and its back, they said that the two lizards have been kept together since they hatched so it wouldnt be from the sand as only one of them had it on them.

SORRY PEOPLE....I MEANT ALBINO DARWINS!!!!!! I am arranging delivery for a B&W Jungle at the same time I'm posting on this thread..........Jungles on the brain!

Morgana

Just as well all the buyers are good and honest ....

Thats sad and a good warning - i am in the process of purchasing too so fingers crossed i dont fall down the same path. A shame to have to be so supicious of people :(

As a breeder, seller and occassional buyer, its sad these people exist and get away with dishonesty. It shouldn't have to be buyer beware.
I rate the feedback system here on APS it can be a great tool for future buyers to do research.

Also as a seller being able to give references from past buyers is a good thing.

As for deposit's any animal over $500 i ask for a 10% non-refundable deposit.
I have in the past had people who wanted to pay more to lock in the animals they were after. But 10% is what i set.

1. It locks in the animal your after and 2. It eliminates the "tyre kicker" issue with the non-serious people.

At the end of the day, research and questions are the key to a successful buy and sell situation. Hopefully Morgana you can get a good result and your money back as the hobby doesn't need sellers like that in it.

Last edited:
Yommy - I agree...this is a definite downside to buying online, so as much research needs to be done as possible before purchasing OR selling an animal.

Zulu......I am not intending to bag dishonest sellers and imply all buyers are honest. That would be ludicrous. I can only report on what I have experienced myself, and my experience was with a dishonest seller. EVERYBODY should take extra care before agreeing to a transaction of any type, and I hope this thread serves to remind people of this fact.

Morgana

OK Guys, I can understand your frustration BUT we do not allow negative feedback on this site.
WHY???
We do believe that some are very genuine and have most definitely been ripped off and had dodgy dealings.
BUT some can make up stories about people they do not like, just to make them look dodgy and ruin their reputation with no truth in any allegations.
Unless you have experienced someone saying untruths about you JUST because they do not like you, then you can understand our stand on this.

morgana ive bought & sold from afew people on this site and all have been good to deal with ,you do get tyre kickers but thats the nature of the beast i suppose,as well as dishonest people,try not to let one bad experience put you off dealing with people,as most people i have deal with have been great,hope you get a good result

:(Sorry to hear what happened to you. Can you tell me if any the 'sellers' were from ads on The HerpTrader?
Thanks, Judy

I got stung from a bloke on here in cairns I had to actualy ring my mate at the afp and get his dads number to deal with him later to find out I got a sick frill neck who died in 8 days and a breeding trio of boyds was a hatchling female and two sub adult males. IMO all wild caught after about a month of dealing with him Bryan said he is on your banned list.

Ppl stooge other ppl

I did get a bit of payback.

Cheers Brenton

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back