Deja Vu.... Found another big coastal in my rattery tonight

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainRatbag

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Went in to feed the rats and, since the last coastal on the back wall, I look there first. I turned on the light and turned back for the door and here is another big coastal. This one is about 2.4m, looks alot younger than the last wopper.... hasn't got the big boofy, lumpy head the last one had. He is in the tub, I have a rat thawing for him and getting ready to take him for a taxi ride.

Snake april 10 2012 009.jpg Snake april 10 2012 012.jpg Snake april 10 2012b 017.jpg

You're in trouble now, word has got out, a feed and a ride in the car. I have visions of a Gary Larson cartoon : )

Yea :lol: I think word has got around. Very placid tho, same as the last one... no fight, just go along with the flow. I video'd the capture again (not 20 minutes this time) only took a minute or 2. Will go give him his rat then put the vid on youtube and put it on the thread later ;)

I gave him his rat, that he promptly scoffed.... but I havent let him go yet. I am a bit worried he has some pinkish splotches on the scales under his chin and a couple of places down his belly? I am a bit worried about letting him go if there is something that needs fixing. I have him in quarantine, well away from my snakes and will keep an eye on him. If it sounds like anything bad, I will take him to Aus Zoo and get him looked at.

What might cause pinkish blotches? He didnt knock himself around when I captured him, he was just as placid (if not more so) than his big buddy last week?

View attachment 246848

Will try to take some pics tomorrow, the ones I took tonight were too blurry, bad light and camera kept focusing on the enclosure glass, not the snake

Attachments

• DSCN2822.jpg
    DSCN2822.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Damn, you get the best visitors, he's so pretty too... gr8 markings... hope his pink blotches clear up, may have just bruised himself, squishing to get in...
with the changing temp outside your rat house sounds like a nice place to be,
just better watch out for when they put the disco ball up and flick the radio switch up loud, (like in barnyard kids movie)! lol..
thanks for sharing

Damn u and your visitors ratbag I want some visitors like that lol thanks Glenn

CaptainRatbags 5* Snake Dining. Pick Your Own Rat and have is specially thawed out while you just hang around.

Ohhh wow....so pretty! didnt take long for the word to spread :p just make sure u put him back.....or u will get a warning like me :oops:

Could the red blotches be "blushing" when they eat? My diamonds get it big time at the mere sight of their food

IMAG0948.jpg

It extends a fair way down them and is incredibly vibrant, so it does look odd, but is normal

I guess if it is blushing, it should've faded by now?

I have heard they can get red blotches when they really excited for food as the blood flow becomes closer to the surface ready to consume :)
That was mentioned on this forum somewhere but who knows where now!

Update: A herp friend and I measured and released them both last night. They were 2.35m and 2.85 long. They happily toddled off into the scrub (away from the house direction, which is good) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back