Help sexing dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stilts

Reaction score
Hi,

I need some help sexing my bearded dragon. I believe he/she might be a girl, but will arm wave and attack its own reflection. So I'm unsure and need someone with experience to help out.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Photos 077.jpg
    Photos 077.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Photos 078.jpg
    Photos 078.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Photos 081.jpg
    Photos 081.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 23
id say looks like a girl from the photos, at the start of his tail underneath.. their should not be 2 bumps on each side, if their are then he is a boy if not, then she's a girl

id say looks like a girl from the photos, at the start of his tail underneath.. their should not be 2 bumps on each side, if their are then he is a boy if not, then she's a girl
I think she is a girl too from what I can gather from books regarding head size and tail bulges but I'm unsure. Are females usually aggressive? [attacking reflections?]-- it got chomped on as a baby, so only has 3 feet and tip of tail missing.

how old is the beardy?
About 8-9 months. I got him/her from a pet shop and I don't know the actual date of hatching.

Females can be aggressive though males are just more aaggressive
in my own experience females are only aggressive with other females. I also agree with everybody else, I would say a girl as well,
If you got an aggressive girl, put in a big beasty boy with her to put her in place :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back