Lizard ID?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruni

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just for a bit of fun, here are some pics my dad took of a lizard a couple of years ago that we had quite a bit of trouble successfully identifying in any of the books we could lay hands on until I stumbled across a Catchment Management poster in my wanderings. So I thought I'd chuck them up here for people to have a go at. As dad is a grey nomad, at this stage I won't say where the pics were taken just to keep it interesting.

PB010167.JPGPB010168.JPG

Last edited:
don't know but want one......or two........or three:)

And you guys didn't cheat at all to answer that? Well done yes it is. Diporiphora Australis, Tommy Roundhead found at Lemon Tree Flat near Ashford Nth NSW. I have virtually zero knowledge of lizards and it took me two years of looking around to id it for myself. In the end a friend had a poster from the Northern Rivers/Gwyder CMA on the wall of her day care area and I recognised him straight away.

Seeing as that died rather quickly maybe someone else has an unusual looking lizard to post and keep things alive for a bit?

They are a such a gorgeous looking dragon but dad looked through all his books and I asked around etc and we struggled so I'm impressed by how quickly it was worked out.

@Venomous1111 - The second one is a Sekukhune flat lizard, but no idea on the first one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back