Weed Identification

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shea_and_ruby

Reaction score
I have to do an environmental report for uni, and in doing so i need to report on the local flora. now i believe these are weeds (please correct me if i am wrong!!) but i have no idea what they are and have spent hours going through weed websites to no avail. so if there are any super dooper botantists out there who could help me out, i would be very greatful!

IMG_1685.jpg
ground ivy.jpg
IMG_1674.jpg

Hah though I could do these seeing as I control weeds for work, but never seen any of those in Nqld so .. nope.

or i have and havent taken any notice

bugger, they are from western sydney in nsw. it is a created wetlands area which is primarily used for a stormwater drain

The last one looks like Bidens pilosa. Don't know about the other two. Your local council should have a weed management plan for local bushland. Give them a ring and see if you can get a hold of it. Otherwise take the photos to the local herbarium.

The first one is Echium plantagineumem or patersons curse, the second one is a Jim Beam can and the third one is definitely Bidens pilosa. :)

The first one is Echium plantagineumem or patersons curse, the second one is a Jim Beam can and the third one is definitely Bidens pilosa. :)

The first one is NOT Echium Plantagineumem(Pattersons Curse), It lacks all the features of P/curse. If you look at the stem and leaves they are smooth and spindly where as P/Curse stems
are broarder with very small fury like spikes and with broard leaves!

The first one is NOT Echium Plantagineumem(Pattersons Curse), It lacks all the features of P/curse. If you look at the stem and leaves they are smooth and spindly where as P/Curse stems
are broarder with very small fury like spikes and with broard leaves!

True. SORRY. It's what I grew up calling Patersons curse. It's actually
Verbena bonariensis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back