Would your python or lizard survive in the wild?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bugeye23

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking lately when watching my stimmie and bearded dragon ( who is such a sook ) eat and have been pondering if they would survive in the WILD lol watching (rhianna my stimmie) i find it hard to believe that she could survive in the wild, it takes her ages to find her food sometimes wildly biting into thin air which makes me laugh and think she wouldnt have a chance out on her own.

My bearded dragon is just such a sook i doubt he could survive without me either. anyway what does everyone else think about their pets?

I definitely think my Bredli would survive she has that killer instinct which I have been on the receiving end of some days I have no doubt she could live in the wild and catch her own meals .

if they were hungry, as they'd be in the wild, their whole attitude would change,
and if it didn't; natural selection would play it's part, and the animal would die, and only the stronger would survive.

Last edited:
mine would survive 12/14 of them are wild caught :p (legaly) so yer they would :D

I dont think captive bread, especially second generation + captive would make it for long. Assuming they could find food, predators would find them and they prolly wouldnt know how to react to danger :cry:

no the other two were captive born but the parent was wild caught. legally

Yes they would providing the area was right habitat with food sources. It is all instinctual, whether they are 1st generation or 1000th generation the instincts are still there.

I have chinese,mexican,seafood restaurants, a 7-11 and a bakery on my street. No pets left unattended last overnight. Even the canetoads hide out when it's time to make new chimichangas.

I think most would. Snakes and lizard offspring aren't raised by their mother. Hunting is instinctual. A dead rat or mouse isn't their usual prey, so I excuse them for not always being interested ;)

Assuming of course that they were released into the area they originated from. A gtp wouldn't exactly flourish in the desert!

Obviously they must tho? The Yanks have heaps of trouble with snakes in the glades that were once peoples pets (til the snake got too big and tried to eat the owner) ant they were released... so some would definately survive I guess

My little Darwin escaped on thr 10th of jan and we only found him early this month when a neighbour cornered it with a broom.Now it was fat and healthy and not real keen on a feed so im pretty sure it would get along just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back