DECCW Animal Keeper Licence Fauna Record Keeping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im battling to work out what to do on my online account... I have recently acquired a new licence on the 18th of march after having a break for a couple of years from reptile keeping and have picked up a couple of Stimsons in the past week. I have been able access the ebook for the first time today but it won't let me make any entries prior to April 1, 2012. I have no idea what I am doing wrong :?

I had the same problem, i just wrote in the notes that it was actually purchased on 12/2/12, and that the computer wouldnt let me add that in...

I am having some issues too. I have kept manual records all year because thats what I am used to.
I was going to add all my changes in today in but it won't let me for anything before the 1st of April 2012, on or after the 1st of April 2012 is fine.

I have written off to the DEC to confirm but to me from the looks of it, you must keep your records true and correct throughout the year.
For example, everything you have purchased, sold, passed away..... between the 1st of April 2011 and 31st of March 2012 should be acurate as of the 31st of March 2012.
On the 1st of April your records for the previous year get "locked", you can't make changes to them and you only need to "submit" your lodgment.

As the DEC require you to be up to date with your record keeping at all times, it make perfect sense to me.

I also think for people supposed to "For persons who were licensed before April 2011 and who have not already electronically lodged records with the Department, this will mean establishing an opening account of species and individuals you held on 1 April 2011", The option has been closed as we had the entire year to update records. Would have loved to have been informed though!

I have also asked and will call to follow up about how to have records amended if they are indeed "locked" for the previous year after midnight on the 31st of March.

Does this make sense to others also and are they experiencing the same thing?

I will post back when I receive confirmed details and I speak with them on how the application is meant to be used tomorrow.

All licensed native animal keepers are required to maintain a fauna record book and lodge it with the Department’s Wildlife Licensing and Management Unit by 30 April each year. Only paper based books have previously been available. Now, an easy to use internet based fauna record book is available to all current licensees who have an email address.

The e-book provides licensees with a fast and efficient way of managing your animal holdings and all the transactions that take place throughout the year. Simple instructions on how to use the system are provided at the top of each screen. To use the native animal keeper’s e-book you must first register an account with the Department.

The important things to know about the e-book are that:

· you are in control of managing all your personal information, contact details and fauna holdings relevant to your licence

· only you and the Department’s Wildlife Licensing and Management Unit can view your personal information, contact details and fauna holdings

· If you choose to use the e-book option you will no longer need to also maintain a paper fauna record book.

All licensees will still be required to lodge their annual holdings by 30 April each year. However, this can now easily be done using the e-book system which will save on postage and handling costs.

If you submit your paper fauna record book, you will receive a new one back in the post. If you choose to submit your holdings by e-book you will NOT receive a paper fauna record book in the post.

Important!

To register you need to use the email address that you have already provided to Wildlife Licensing and Management Unit. If you have changed your email address and not notified us or have never provided us with an email address you will be unsuccessful at registering.

To rectify this simply email [email protected] with your current licensing details and email address. We will update your details and email you to let you know to now try registering for e-book.

Once you have registered you can log onto e-book at www.animalkeepers.environment.nsw.gov.au

For all e-book enquiries please call 9585 6406 Monday to Friday 8:30 – 16:30, or email [email protected]

Note: Online applications for animal keepers and import export licences are also now available on NSW Government Licensing Service

I found this very difficult to enter details when it first came out,I think the format should be simplified.

I have been trying to get my online registration sorted for a while now with no luck.
I have been in touch with Subha and Linda, both said, it will be sorted next day and I will be emailed once sorted.
Nothing happened and I called back, and then I was assured I would get a call next day.
No call and I still can't register my details.

Is there someone else I can get in touch with that will actually help sort it out and get back to me when they say they will?

I sent emails to the dept.and got replies quickly but still had trouble getting started.

im with u buck, i added all my details, and dont know how to lodge it, when i try it says

" Records found for previous period have not lodged yet. Please lodge your records for previous period"
Typical govt dept couldn't organize (now, now).

I hope not. We don't have to submit annual returns at all.

you lucky bastards

Oh so is your book just a record in case you get audited? You guys definitely seem to have the best system

wish it was that easy here

Last edited by a moderator:
having the same issues with the date, its a glitch that will be fixed in the next 2 days or so according to OEH
Ok guess that is the issue then. I do kinda recall them saying today there is a problem at the moment and we wont be able to updated things for two days.
I like my theory anyways because it took so long to type :)

nothing new there really just look at the vehicle register system and still nsw roads are the worst in the country

NSW is the most over regulated,over taxed and over priced state in the country

If that's the case why waste tax payers money?

because that's the way beaurocrats work,bunch of nobs who couldn't get a job in the real world

yeh they dont really know what they are doing,but either them running things or the free enterprise.
First time i saw the companion thing at DECCW i thought they were blow up dolls :)

damn I was trying to keep the blow up dolls a secret,can't keep anything from Big Brother

i tryed to register and it said my info dosnet match any dec info and i cant get an answer at the dec line and they dont reply to my emails, who should i contact or contact in an email with ATTN "name" as a header to get a reply?
[email protected]; has sorted out my probs;good bloke

Last edited:
I HOPE it is a glitch!! I didnt have access to my account until today so I've written down all important info with the intention of updating once I got log onto my account. I have still sent an email so hopefully I get a reply reasonably soon...

I HOPE it is a glitch!! I didnt have access to my account until today so I've written down all important info with the intention of updating once I got log onto my account. I have still sent an email so hopefully I get a reply reasonably soon...
Definately is according to the woman that answered my phone call,she seemed very annoyed so i guess people have been calling most of the day with the same issue

I got the following reply from the Wildlife Licensing and Management Unit
on the problem this morning.

"We are making an update to the system to allow 2011 records to be entered. It may take a few days for this to be actioned, however."

All will be good in a few days.

I got the following reply from the Wildlife Licensing and Management Unit
on the problem this morning.

"We are making an update to the system to allow 2011 records to be entered. It may take a few days for this to be actioned, however."

All will be good in a few days.

Yeah it's pretty annoying but I guess the reason they put it there was so people didn't back date entries and to encourage people to record purchases/sales etc. as you make them.

I just do mine as soon as I am on a PC after a sale/purchase as it only takes up ~2 minutes of my life to do so, then I don't have to worry about it come April...

Yeah it's pretty annoying but I guess the reason they put it there was so people didn't back date entries and to encourage people to record purchases/sales etc. as you make them.

I just do mine as soon as I am on a PC after a sale/purchase as it only takes up ~2 minutes of my life to do so, then I don't have to worry about it come April...

Yeah I'm the same.
I'm pretty sure it is actually a requirement of your licence to record them as soon as it happens. I remember someone saying that even when you had the paper book, if you got audited, you could get in trouble for just having info on scrap paper or whatever and not in the book itself

Yeah I'm the same.
I'm pretty sure it is actually a requirement of your licence to record them as soon as it happens. I remember someone saying that even when you had the paper book, if you got audited, you could get in trouble for just having info on scrap paper or whatever and not in the book itself

Yeah Sax, everyone should be aware they have to keep there records up to date. My paperbook (which I still use)is up to date but because of the "system update" I can't transfer all of my species into the e-book which seems a much better option!

Yeah Sax, everyone should be aware they have to keep there records up to date. My paperbook (which I still use)is up to date but because of the "system update" I can't transfer all of my species into the e-book which seems a much better option!

Yeah, had the same issue when they first brought out the system last year.

When I was transferring all my records over it would not let me change the year so everything was put on as 2010-2011 and I was just told by DEC to write the actual dates in the remarks text box at the bottom of the page - e.g "Actually purchased/sold on DD/MM/YYYY"

I logged in and the system told me I don't hold anything. That's surprising when last year I submitted a record showing 9 different species. I am going back to the books. This online sux big time. Even worse when you contact Licensing and they tell you they don't know what your currently keeping.

just tryed to log on but ive forgottten my password,
tryed to put in my email address to reset my password and its not working has anyone else has this problem

I wasnt able log in filled in all criteria but it just refreshes the page,saying I haven't given my D.o.b.i tried several times then gave up.can someone help me with this?

I wasnt able log in filled in all criteria but it just refreshes the page,saying I haven't given my D.o.b.i tried several times then gave up.can someone help me with this?

Try the American system mm/dd/yy

just tryed to log on but ive forgottten my password,
tryed to put in my email address to reset my password and its not working has anyone else has this problem

Yes I have. I just recently got my knickers in a knot when I couldn't remember my password, and the email address I registered with no longer in use, I was overdue with my lodgement and for some stupid reason thought my license had expired. So I emailed them. My license expires next year, and they changed my email address and reset my password for me. Email them, Gav. They will reset your stuff from their end, to make sure the email link works. They have been very helpful to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back