Couriering reptiles?? Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_brad

Reaction score
Does anyone no courier company that does reptiles? I'd like to send some hatchys from Windsor nsw to port Macquarie

Australian Air Express do it, however im not sure on the process that needs to be done though. I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

They won't do it from Windsor. Livestock is airport to airport only - they don't pick up and deliver animals door to door.

Jamie

A member on here recently posted about "anitrans". They primarily do poultry transportation, but will happily transport reptiles. The thread was removed by the mods, but google will bring up their website.

Ow, I never realized there was an airport there, lol.
I was thinking I'd have to send them in a truck..
What are the procedures whith sending by AAE with in NSW?

I'm not sure if that's an AAE serviced airport (going by their website), hopefully some other members here can provide more information. Might be an idea to give them a call to check though. If it is, the procedure is pretty straight forward. Ring AAE, book a flight and get a quote, drop off the reptile (suitably packed) 90mins before the flight and pay cash or card at the counter. You'll need at least the name and phone number of the receiver.

A member on here recently posted about "anitrans". They primarily do poultry transportation, but will happily transport reptiles. The thread was removed by the mods, but google will bring up their website.

Will look into anitrans, AAE is costly to get to and expensive now so ime looking at other options,thanks

If you catch a train to Sydney Domestic Terminal get of it will take a max 8 min via walking to get to AAE. Or if you drive there you can park in their car park.

AAE delivers to port macquarie airport, Have had 7 snakes delivered here so far with no issues...
Cheaper door to door service would be a welcomed option though.

Barnetts , I use them all time and have never had an issue , prices are great too .

Fastway couriers reptiles. Just don't tell them what's in the Box they do live fish and birds too

Fastway does reptiles officially now? That would be an extremely cheaper freight option within nsw.
Years ago i had a seller send me 2 snakes by fastways one was a hatchy and one was a full grown python..
Freight cost me i think $15 and animals arrived fine and were boxed up well.
Most sellers that say can freight very cheap within nsw are using fastways or similar.

Barnetts. After a horrible mishap with AAE losing one of my animals for 3 days I am rather wary of them now.
I recieved a snake from dickyknee a few weeks ago via Barnetts, and they were fantastic (as was my snake :D).

If they courier reptiles why would you need to lie about reptiles being in the box ??

Not lie, I fully reccomend writing live animals on the box. But informing of the exact contents can lead to temptation. Its the same with any company. We have one guy send his turtles through us, another his beardies. Also the other side of the coin we had a python here and some one rang to see if it was and no one would go near it knowing it was a snake due to fears. =] Just sometimes less is more. As they say ignorance is bliss

Barnetts , I use them all time and have never had an issue , prices are great too .

Do Barnetts deliver out of state. I don't really like to drive 2 1/2 hours to my nearest airport

Not lie, I fully reccomend writing live animals on the box. But informing of the exact contents can lead to temptation. Its the same with any company. We have one guy send his turtles through us, another his beardies. Also the other side of the coin we had a python here and some one rang to see if it was and no one would go near it knowing it was a snake due to fears. =] Just sometimes less is more. As they say ignorance is bliss

Do you work for fastways? Id be interested to know who has shipped reptiles this way? as no one seems to mention it but ive had animals delivered to me this way in the past... Less travel time and hassle then AAE and animals were boxed securely with live reptile inside on the box and a few fragile and this way up arrows..
Both occasions i recieved animals this way they were perfectly fine and settled better then those that i had to chase with AAE.
So anyone else had any experiences with good old cheap and reliable fastways?

thanks for all the advise! i went with barnetts, i called them monday arvo, they picked up tuesday morning and they arrived wednesday morning in port macquirie. so easy :) $70 because it was under 1kg

Ow and I called fast way, they don't do live animals.. She even doubled Checked on reptiles n she defenetly not

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back