Off to the Great Oean Road on the bike today

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope it's not as windy today as it has been!
Can't wait to see the pictures.... and to know you is safe.
I'll join you one day, when I has my scooter.

Ohhh u lucky duck! hope u have a ball and i look forward to seeing pics :D

I left Geelong and got to Torquay at about 10AM with 30kms on the trip meter, now there's 186kms :D

I got my learners at the end of January and got my bike at the start of February. Since then I've gone 1183kms on it. I've been enjoying life a lot more since then and have started meeting people with the same interest, and when I go to normal places like the supermarket random people come up and talk to me and kids in cars wave to me. This is FUN!!!

I didn't take many pics, I was having too much fun in the corners!!! :D:D:D

I went with a guy who contacted me on the motorcycle forum I haunt, I'd never spoken to him on there before but I decided to go with the flow anyway and it turned out to be a great day. The guy was responsible and there was no being stupid on the bikes, you have enough fun going the speed limit anyway. I'd never ridden on that road before, but there weren't any problems... even though I had to be careful when I hit a 300 meter patch of loose gravel in a corner. :lol:

The social aspect of motorcycling is really good, who says you need to talk to each other to have fun? Haha. We had lunch after that and that went well too, having lunch with a person you've never met before that day could be awkward but it wasn't, having a common interest helps a lot! Someone else from the same forum has contacted me and I'll be traveling the same road with them next week. :p

Here are the pics I took, my bike is the black and silver one with the really annoying "L" plate on the back:

Attachments

• Great Ocean Road.jpg
    Great Ocean Road.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Great Ocean Road2.jpg
    Great Ocean Road2.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 116
  • Great Ocean Road3.jpg
    Great Ocean Road3.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Great Ocean Road4.jpg
    Great Ocean Road4.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 50
I am so glad you had a wonderful time :) thanks for sharing your pics too.... I feel you should wear your L plate with pride(I can only ride a push bike :p )

Push bikes are fun too, they're just not as fast :)

I think I'd have a heart attack if I tried to ride a push bike up a hill, it's been a while :)

I used to ride pushies downhill, there was one really steep hill that I liked but I had to be careful with it because it had tree roots sticking out of the ground and I'd get up a decent speed. I also rode that bike down stairs and over dirt jumps... that was fun :D

Oh how veryy exciting.
I don't blame you for not having many pictures.
I'm glad you had such a good day and have such a bright outlook on life.
And you made a new friend! Yay. Sounds awesome babysnakes.
I'm very happy for you. Xo

..... Oh and an AMAZING day for it too :D

Oh how veryy exciting.
I don't blame you for not having many pictures.
I'm glad you had such a good day and have such a bright outlook on life.
And you made a new friend! Yay. Sounds awesome babysnakes.
I'm very happy for you. Xo

..... Oh and an AMAZING day for it too :D

You have to come too when you get a scooter, just be sure to get one that can get up to 100kms without blowing up the engine :D

Don't forget your brain bucket :D

I always remember that. Maybe I should get one like this:

Braaaaiiiiiiiiiiiin bucket!!!

Attachments

• Zombie helmet.jpg
    Zombie helmet.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Last time I did the great ocean road would of been when I first got my p's on my bike

Cheers Brenton

I'm gonna do that ride when I get a bigger bike, in a few months ( I Hope). Looks awesome, nothing is better then cruising on a bike, looks like you had good weather too!! I do most my riding at night and it always rains on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back