Revenge of the Examiner

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a bizarre story. Pretty high stakes getting taipans and death adders to bite your daughter....unless you didn't like her for some reason.

Hahaha i like the comment "Does he now go under the trademark 'snake-less man'?".

haha, love it.

Still don't get how anyone can register the words "snakeman" when you can be guaranteed every snake catcher who gets a name for him/herself in an area would no doubt be called that.

I grew up in Traralgon it's funny these articles, there's lots of ppl who get this attention and ppl who have way worse things going on that get no to very little press how's your mate going Michael? I see He's selling up.

Cheers Brenton

I get the feeling the journo *really* enjoyed writing that one.

That's very funny.

Incidentally, sloppy journalism if readers had to alert The Examiner to something easily found through a quick Google search! Maybe I should tell Media Watch? :p

The first written appearance of the proverb "revenge is a dish best served cold" is often wrongly credited to the novel Les liaisons dangereuses (1782); it does not, in fact, appear there in any form. Its earliest identified appearance in European literature is in the 1841 French novel Mathilde by Marie Joseph Eugène Sue: la vengeance se mange très-bien froide — there italicized as if quoting a proverbial saying — published in Spain translation in 1846 as revenge is very good eaten cold.

And used in Francis Ford Coppola's 'The Godfather'; "My Father used to say that revenge is a dish best served cold." - Michael Corleone.

Not to mention the idea was used by Will Shakespeare as the foundation of 'Hamlet', where Hamlet bides his time to sek revnge on his uncle for murdering his fathr and taking his mother as wife.

As for Hoser, I think his claims and cries about 'snakeman' being his intelctual property (or what ever lever of copyright) are not really about to be rspected givn his fall from th pedestal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back