Identify my snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roobars

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just inherited a snake from a mate of a mate that did not want it or care for it very well. Not sure why he even bothered getting it in the first place...

When I saw a pic of the little guy in a fish table with cold gravel and no heating I said I would take it immediately. Now my climate controlled room is set to 30 degrees and te little guy is warm and seemingly fine :)

The problem is I do not know what species it is, neither does my mate who delivered it. Just said 'carpet' any ideas people? It's a caramel color with lighter striping.

Kitah is posting pics, thnx Kitah!

579344_429577750401919_100000490938586_90959168_2146124171_n.jpg

535679_430474120312282_100000490938586_90961877_1137806107_n.jpg

No problem ;)

I agree, does look coastaly...I don't even like them but ahhhh that one looks so nice

Carpet python subspecies are all kept similarly anyway.

Yeah looks very much like a coastal, but as i say with all the threads like this.. If you don't know 100% then you can't really label it as such, as some mixed morelia can come out looking similar to pure animals. Unless you intend to breed or sell it though it shouldn't really matter, just be happy with a nice carpet :D.

I mentioned before it reminds me of some coastal juvies, but having said that, with no guarantee of what it is, I either wouldn't breed it or be totally honest if you do and sell the hatchies down the track :)

Toffee looks great regardless of what he/she is :D

Edit: Khagan beat me ;)

Looks a bit jungle to me? (like a palmy only brown) its a very nice looking snake tho :D Feed him up and keep him warm he should be good. Will be good to see him when he's bigger.

Probable caramel coastal. Looks like a good one, too..might change as it grows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back