Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

julespython

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I was thinking since carpet pythons are nocturnal, should I not handle or feed my jcp during the day and insted, only at night should I feed, handle and interact with it. Like If I handle him and stuff during the day, is that the same as someone annoying me while I am asleep at night in bed?
is the day time a period for them to chill out and rest of is it all the same to them? Just wondering if I was ******* him off by playing with him at night. Thanks in advance :)

I just handled one of my 6 foot coastals about 30 mins ago & got a decent tag for my efforts.
I dont think it makes too much difference personally as mine will eat at any time of day or night.
They all are active during the day & night also.

My understanding is that carpets opperate either by night, or by day.... they arent strictly either.... depends on thier surrounds. Unlike some others, correct me if I am wrong, but (most) GT's you dont try to handle at night because they are nocternal. Pythons are opportunistic... they will (usually... mine anyway) accept food any time it is available and I handle my lot, day or night... they dont seem to mind.... as long as it isnt shed time or they arent almost due for a feed. ;)

If I were you, I would just handle and feed whenever you like (the snake I mean) I dont think they would be too upset being handled while they (were) sleeping because snakes appear to me to sleep 'with one eye open' so to speak.... because in nature, they would always be waiting for lunch to walk by :lol: They seem very alert, even if resting (waiting in ambush) In the wild, snakes would constantly move.... finding warmth... basking in sunlight, always moving to the 'right' temperature. That would be all they do between finding food, IMO

My diamond is the most placid snake in the world wouldn't think of biting anyone. Until the lights go off and it is dark then I wouldn't dream of putting my hand in her enclosure unless I want it ripped up.

My diamond bites like a jungle would at any time of the day, of all the diamonds I had to get I got the one thats as bitchy as hell! The one that is NOT like the others!

My jungles bite all the time..

Darwin sleeps all the time, day and night... even when out of the cage, she'll just go behind you on the couch and sleep.

Coastal sleeps when full, and acts like Dora the explorer when out of the cage... want's to go everywhere.

My BHP likes to explore at night, i allow him to go for walks most nights im home, he seems to enjoy the stimulation, has never looked at being aggressive when handled, so i will continue to do so,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back