How many recently extinct species can you name?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many recently extinct species can you name?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 2 to 5

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 6 to 11

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 12 to 15

• 16 to 20

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 21 to 25

• 26 to 30

• 31 to 35

• More than 35

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surroundx

Reaction score
I'm always researching recently extinct and rediscovered species. It's both fascinating and terribly saddening. But I have found that many people either don't really care if species go extinct (with the exception of a few poster species), or cannot name more than half a dozen species. Maybe its just me but I like to know what we have lost (and that includes races of man). The poll question is, without using Google or consulting anything other than your memory, how many recently extinct species can you name? Keep in mind the following:

• Obviously, the status of many species is unknown. Some species widely believed to be extinct may in fact still exist in isolated pockets. And conversely, species thought to still be extant may have been lost forever already. I'm simply after the names of any species thought to be extinct.
  • When I say species, I mean species and subspecies, races, ESU's (evolutionariy significant units), or basically any population with unique genetic markers. It's just easier to say 'species'.
  • Names can either be the proper scientific name or the common name (or one of the common names if there are multiple)

Please feel free to add your comments on any other aspect of extinction as well.

Unfornatly to many animals becoe extict from mankinds greed and ignorance

I like the different catergories you used, such a fresh and exciting breakup, I would have used a base 5 personally, but you've got splits wherever you want :lol: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back