Newpaper as a substrate

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matty-jungle

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i was just wondering if everyone think newspaper is ok to be used as a substrate. i use newspaper for my jungle carpet python which is fine. but i also use it for my blue tongue, i was just seeing if you guys think it is ok to use newspaper for a blue tongue or not? if not what should i use?

also if people have heard of the wild crystal substrate, can reptile burrow in it?

Last edited:
Yes, it's generally considered the go to default substrate. Nothing wrong with it aside from the look

Everyone has used it at some stage... works fine from everything I have heard. I personally wouldnt use it except for temporary/emergency because I wonder how the ink and fumes (if any) might affect my snakes.

Its definately better than nothing ;) A bit unsightly

all i am worries about with my blue tongue is that it is natural for them to burrow and using newspaper does not allow them to do this.

all i am worries about with my blue tongue is that it is natural for them to burrow and using newspaper does not allow them to do this.
Seriously, if you use newspaper with Blueys you might hardly see them, they always manage to get under it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back