how was your day

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My day was lazy as I have to go back to uni tomorrow, so after a week off of study and more study, I decided today I would relax....... untill the brother in-law decided to get in my way so now I have my grumpy pants on! :evil:

My day was spent reassuring my 7 year old Daughter Breanna that she will be fine starting at her new School. She was bullied last year(Not for long ggrrrr)and it has left her with residual anxiety around other Children. We also put a guinea pig hutch on layby for her next B'thday so that made her very happy, we also baked a date and pecan loaf and choc chip cookies :) I hope you all had an awesome Sunday :)

It was my youngest boy Marlons 1st BIRTHDAY! lol so we had cake with my parents and his uncle and aunt :D we got the snakes out as usual, and watched Marlon freak out as we all sang happy b'day....he almost burnt his fringe off! was a bit overwhelmed poor bubba. View attachment 247600 View attachment 247601

Went and worked at snakes downunder then ended up on the fence in the croc eclosure with two large crocs getting a bit to close to me. Atleast i got meet by cuddles from my girlfriend when I got home so made it better.

i was in hospital because i have a neurological condition that increases the CSF pressure in my skull.....i had a lumbar puncture on the 2nd and 3rd of april. i then found out i had a 2mm tear in my dural space between the two LP sites.
19078.jpg

and i had a Epidural blood patch coz i had massive Postdural Puncture Headaches.....
si55551277.jpg

My day was actually really cool. I got a sleep in (very rare), then picked up my daughter from her dad's house, went to the park with her for a picnic lunch then got a lot of the house work done while she was having her nap this afternoon.

i had a good day, went and got this :D

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 38
i went and got a spotted female and a woodie colony

Not good Defective, lumbar punctures are awful. I have had two (both times I had meningitis). Good that you are home now.

I have a cold and had to work this afternoon and one of the snakes is still sick, meaning another vet visit this week with surgery likely:(, so my day was pretty rubbish until I found out my new kitten is arriving tomorrow, so now I am super excited and dont think I will be able to sleep!!!!

Well, if we can back track to yesterday morning......

I rolled my ute out bush at 2 am on my way home after fox shooting.

So, not the best.

Oh. And by the time i got home the sun was up so sleep was out of the question and i had a busy day modifying my kitchen. By the time i got to bed id been awake for 42 hours. Today i opened my eyes after maybe 5 hours sleep with another busy day ahead. It was a bit of a blur though :)

Last edited:
Ive been working on a Psychology essay all day.

Who wants to finish and/or cull it for me?? :)

Got a new snake this morning so our day was pretty good. Cute little striped coastal. I never realised how cute their little faces are. :)

Friday my dogs had another fight. Was such an awful day. We face having to put one of them down because they just keep fighting and are too nervous to rehome. It's muzzles for now and if they fight again then the decision will need to be made. Just sucks.

Im just gonna go with my weekend and say it was supurb, finally moved out of my share house and into my own small duplex.
Just me and the 2 snakes and silence, no more screaming, argueing, whining, bit**y, housmates and the satan spawn they call their child turning me into a ticking time bomb. No more unclean dishes sitting in the sink for weeks on end, no more filthy house, no more smelly nappies left laying around etc etc etc
*rant over*
New place is awsome :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

My day Started at 3am when I woke like I had a hangover. No I didnt drink. I was sick all day and came good at 9pm. It's 12:30 am and i feel good but wornout. I was spending the day making my new enclosure. Well looks like ill just have to after work each day.

Got a new snake this morning so our day was pretty good. Cute little striped coastal. I never realised how cute their little faces are. :)

Friday my dogs had another fight. Was such an awful day. We face having to put one of them down because they just keep fighting and are too nervous to rehome. It's muzzles for now and if they fight again then the decision will need to be made. Just sucks.

Indeed it does suck:-( what did the canine behaviorist say when they came out? I am assuming to come to the conclusion to put one down it was because of professional help.

What I really want to write, but won't as it is rude, and I apologize profusely if this is not your case, as unfortunately 99% of the time it is:-( the dogs are entire, never went to puppy pre school or obedience classes. They are not walked daily. No attention given apart from the throwing of food. They are left in the back yard with little to no interaction. Some breeds are known to be dog aggressive so people keep this in mind before getting another dog or do more training. especially when it comes to staffys.
Are they separated when muzzled as no dog should ever be left unsupervised with a muzzle in place.
As I said I apologize IF you have done all you can, but I haven't come across many dogs that have to be put down or cannot be rehomed due to antisocial behavior from an inappropriate household. Most times when correct advice is sought along with positive reinforcement training, things can be corrected.
Hardly ever is it the dog, but nearly always human fault.

Last edited:

Is it not an option to run a fence down the middle of the yard, so they are separated? That way they still have each other's company, but can't get to each other to fight.

What are they fighting over, and can you remove the stimulant? Like, not giving them bones or toys unless supervised etc.
Or could you build a small run in the yard, and alternate who goes in there each day? It's not easy having a dog/s with issues, but it can be done. I'm not implying that you're copping out, or that you haven't thought it through, just offering a couple more suggestions to the mix:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back