One for all you house proud ladies or house claeners, please help.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MR_IAN_DAVO

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am on holidays at present & last week i did a heap of gardening & trimming to get the garden back into better shape, along with playing with my snakes.

This week i am house cleaning. Cleaning internal walls & scrub floors etc. The missus is at work earning money so i decided i would take on this little project.
Well what crap i have taken on, i can see many drinks hapenning before the day is out, let alone the week.

I have cleaned half the walls & cieling in the large loungeroom & have had enough allready. Wipeing with sugarsoap & then wipe again with clean water.
It is doing a great job & looks 100% without the dust & Gecko poop. I have not scrubbed the floor yet that is comming up soon.

What tips do you have for me apart from getting a cleaner in. I was originally going to paint inside but reckon cleaning is enough.
Useing buckets & chux for walls & scrub brush & mop for lino floor.

If it was outside i would just get the Gerni, a bloody lot easier. Any tips welcome, i have a lot of house to do yet. I might have to get a lot more beer.

Cheers
Ian

i was cleaning my walls the other night to, its alwful job... Wish my hubby would take on that mission, lol. my hint is too get lots and lots of alcohol of choice and crank some music of choice!

Oh and if you finish yours with time to spare come down here and finish mine pls.

There's only one thing I hate more than moving house (the actual move, not the moving to a new place, because I like a new place, I just don't like moving my stuff)... And that's cleaning the house I am leaving....

So... I use a thing called money... I don't care if I don't have enough, I sell stuff.... I then hire a house cleaning company.... I then give them the key to my house and say... Go for it...

It ranges from around $200 - $450 (can't recall the exact amount) - but when I look at it, it saves me thousands in psychiatric treatments :)

Thanks,
the alchohol is working a treat & will definately have to get some more. The music thing is good, but i am a male & don't know how to work the stereo.

I think it will look a lot better the more i drink.

Cheers

Get a woolly washer and you can use sugar soap or half vinegar half water ratio.... woolly washers are from commercial chemical shops or maybe some hardware places now too. They are a long pole(not pole dancer pole)with a swivel head that you put a lambswool pad(one half scrubby(not snake)) they make the job very easy :)
alcohol and loud music of choice are a must too ;)

Shamwow i don't think does it by itself LOL.
& thanks Crystal but i prefer a clean shaven washer LOL.

The music & alchohol are working, half the longe done. But drinks break is on now.

Cheers
Ian

Shamwow i don't think does it by itself LOL.
& thanks Crystal but i prefer a clean shaven washer LOL.

The music & alchohol are working, half the longe done. But drinks break is on now.

Cheers
Ian

As you can see the alchohol is working, i cannot even spell longe any more, maybe i should just longe into it.
Wait till you see my ytping at the end of da day.
Cheers

I stuffed up a bit now, Broke a lamp, it did look expensive but i don't think she used it too much anyway. I even put a hole in the wall putting a pic back up, oops.
cheeeerrs

Now i have even brocken a cieling light shade. Bugger me.

Last edited:
If it was outside i would just get the Gerni, a bloody lot easier. Any tips welcome, i have a lot of house to do yet. I might have to get a lot more beer.

Cheers
Ian

My only tip is take all your stuff outside, then you can use the gerni inside on the walls :D!

I was going to suggest you go and buy a squeegy sponge mop.
Easy to use , reaches high places but I don't think you should use your car at the moment.
Good Luck.

use a gurny on the shower, works a treat. also, there are these little 'magic'squares you can buy which get marks off everything! you can get them from the supermarket or from bunnings

Well bugger me dead, that is one room done, It came up a treat except for the hole in wall, 1 cieling lamp brocken & a lamp shade in the bin.
The only blood came at the very last part when i knelt on a piece of glass from the brocken lamp.LOL.

& Paula has to put the ****e back exactly where she wants it, if it was up to me i know exactly where she could put it.LOL.

Anyways ti sah bin a good yad & now i nac have a beeers, i took mose pics too of damage & maybe mum can put up.
She had better give me one tonight especialy.
Oh i mean one carton of beer for tomorrow ceheeres ahhh.

You mighty woman, i drink ta ya.

Omg. I'm reading this out loud to my partner and we are both laughing so hard. Who'd have thought cleaning the walls would be so hilarious!

P4163321.jpg
P4163318.jpg
P4163322.jpg
P4163323.jpg

Hole in the wall---------------------Broken Lamp --------------gooddlight shade -----------no light shade
---------------------------------------in bottom of bin

The hole can be fixed, lamp can be replaced from K-Mart, need new light shades anyway - Mrs not happy - but will see what tomorrow brings.....
at least I didnt break the Tv and stereo......hopefully the rest of the house will be safe.....

There's only one thing I hate more than moving house (the actual move, not the moving to a new place, because I like a new place, I just don't like moving my stuff)... And that's cleaning the house I am leaving....

So... I use a thing called money... I don't care if I don't have enough, I sell stuff.... I then hire a house cleaning company.... I then give them the key to my house and say... Go for it...

It ranges from around $200 - $450 (can't recall the exact amount) - but when I look at it, it saves me thousands in psychiatric treatments :)

I think that this is really good advice.

Last edited:
View attachment 247780View attachment 247779View attachment 247781View attachment 247782

Hole in the wall---------------------Broken Lamp --------------gooddlight shade -----------no light shade
---------------------------------------in bottom of bin

The hole can be fixed, lamp can be replaced from K-Mart, need new light shades anyway - Mrs not happy - but will see what tomorrow brings.....
at least I didnt break the Tv and stereo......hopefully the rest of the house will be safe.....

I think that this is really good advice.
She had better give me one tonight especialy.
Are you still feeling lucky?
Goodluck.

Come home from work to find the lounge room clean - but sightly damaged....believe me - he aint getting nuthin......

Hahahaha this whole thread. Amazing!! Made my day :D at least he tried!! You're a million points above most women hahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back