Sigh

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_LaCN

Reaction score
I am waiting on tax return in order to get my snake and set up,the whole lot,even thou i picked up 2 cheap enclosures a couple days ago. Ok,this is good,im getting a nice return from my tax i didnt do last year. I call up,and it should be in my bank on Friday at the latest. Yippee all is good :D I have a guy who is holding a python for me,and as i am working Wednesday,Thursday and Friday this week,i can get snakey on Saturday.

I call up Department of Sustainability and Environment with whom i went into the office and applied directly for a license on the 3rd of this month,and my name is still not in their computers? ***!!

This snake business is getting to be a nightmare before i have even started! I was told if i went to the office and applied direct,that it was likely i would have said license within a week,at most 2. I already called them this morning,i might give them another call this afternoon. I also called the guy who is holding a snake for me and i dont know if he is impressed or not,as he doesnt hold snakes this long without selling. I feel like i am getting the royal run around,and if i feel like that,i dont know what he thinks of me!!!

Ok,rant over,even thou i dont feel better :cry:

Unfortunately you'll probably be waiting the longest possible time for everything to fall into place, only because you don't want to...

I hope they get their stuff together soon for your sake :)

Just keep bugging them about it and pushing it as much as you can. Just ring everyday until you hear what you want to hear.

Not long off the phone to them yet again,it seems my name was put into the data base just after i called them this morning! Nice of them to do that,should have been done last week!! Anyways,its all a go for Saturday to get my baby :D

By that i mean my tax is in my account Friday,and my license will def be here by Friday,so i can pick everything up on Saturday lol. There is an extremely nice high yellow diamond also there,i am so tempted to get that also :shock: Hopefully its sold by then haha,but hopefully it isnt.

Glad to hear everything is sorted. Government departments really need to get their *** into shape :rolleyes:
And you MUST show is pictures when u get your snake!

Oh i will i will!!! There will b so many pics you will all beg me to stop haha. In the meantime,i have bought two second hand enclosures. They are stackable and from what i was told,used by breeders (not the purpose i have in mind). There enclosures are made out of like a hard plastic type material? Would love some input as to how to heat them. I have been told stay away from heat rocks,and i am thinking of heat mats,but with the hard plastic is that advisable inside the enclosure itself? I am getting a new enclosure set up when i get my childrens,but i was hoping one day to get a diamond and i am hoping this will be big enough lol. I plan on cutting away a circle in the middle between the two,so that they look like two separate enclosures,but are in fact a whole one,making it larger. The control thing at the back inside is a temperature thingy lol. The enclosures are deep enough i can put my whole arm in.
Thoughts and idea's would b greatly appreciated.

2012-04-14160258.jpg

one of the enclosures is ideal for a childrens python when its fully grown, but i wouldnt put a hatchling into it, not straight away as it may freak it out,
as for a diamond you could use it for a small diamond upto 2 years old then it would be too small even if you cut the middle out to make it a all in one,

as for heat you could use a heat matt or a heat globe setup with a cage around the globe,

i think you need to do some more research before you collect your snake, have your enclosure setup and play with your temps to get it right, before your snake comes home,

Yeah,im getting another set up the correct size for the childrens,i wont be using that above,will also be using the click clack thing to keep it in,inside the enclosure until older.
There is a little hole section at the back i can use to insert and heat globe thru or a heat mat.
As said,the childrens will go in a new one,this one above i want to play around with until i have it the way i want before getting another snake.

you wont have much room to fit a head globe and a uv lot for a diamond,
maybe just keep one for your childrens for when its older,

for a click clack i would use a heat matt connected to a thermostat, and put the probe for the thermostat inside the click clack setup,

i house a stimson in a click clack from a hatchling upto now and its in a 41l tub with a head matt and the snake it 16months old
but untill now it was in a 15l click clack

Yay!!! Finally my license came in the mail today!!! Now all i'm waiting on is my tax to go in my bank. On Monday they said they should get it Wednesday,and it would be in my bank by Friday,now they are saying they are not sure when. It better be there by Saturday morning,i have everything planned around this day,having work before and after and the need to see my parents before they take off around Australia on Monday (gone for 6mths they will be). No,they cannot pick me up a python or such on their travels,they would freak out if they knew i am getting one now,even thou i am near twice the legal age of being able to make my own decisions hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back