i need motherly advice..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cwebb

Reaction score
okay so i dont live at home havent for over 2 years
but finally live in a house that is actually nice.. and of course it is cream carpets THROUGHOUT
seriously who in their right mind puts cream carpet throughout an entire house? so dumb

anyway.. it is absolutely filthy.. and i dont even know how it gets so dirty because shoes arent worn inside
and no matter how clean my house is, it always feels dirty because the carpets are so stained and just yucky.

so i am asking you mothers out there... HOW DO YOU KEEP THEM CLEAN?!?!! and more importantly.. how do you get rid of stains? ive bought a bottle of "really good stain remover" (according to the chick at godfreys) but its only made the stain a little bit lighter

im about to go buy a carpet shampooer tomorrow and i really dont want to.. im sure there is some easy trick that gets rid of stains? ive tried baby wipes but that didnt seem to work either.. ive also heard soda water works? im not sure on application techniques..

my mum just said "i dunno.. i just get them professionally cleaned" my mum seems to forget that i am a uni student haha.

my childhood memories are pretty much mum screaming "wash your bloody feet before you walk all over my carpet" and "stop walking around outside without shoes on" and "dont walk all over my bloody carpet with your dirty feet" and thats pretty much it haha.

First step save your money on the shampoo that just rubs in the dirt I had cream carpet for years and the only way to keep it nice is to steam clean it frequently or if it's your house replace it with a darker colour.

Cheers Brenton

We get ours professionally cleaned every 6 months to a year. Only way I've found to keep them looking awesome.

yeah I think with carpets your better of saving for a few weeks and getting them done professionally. Look for a small local company rather than looking in the yellow pages..

Don't go buying one, you can hire them from Woolies and even Bunnings I think. That way you can see if it really works for you or rather your carpet :)

After hiring a machine and getting it done,place rugs and mats all around. This will keep them cleaner longer,making sure the rugs and mats are of course NOT cream.

Short of washing your feet at the door, it is an uphill battle.... I would get a bisell/carpet cleaner and do them once a month... orrr hire a carpet shampoo machine from Woollies(they work quite well)every 3 months..... most domestic carpet foams/sprays are hopeless you could try dampening stain and then sprinkling bicarb onto it, let dry then vacuum off(test on colour carpet though, for other members) Bicarb is also a natural odor eater you can also add pure oil essence to it and it will leave carpets smelling sweet

Get your mum to come and clean it :lol: Bwwahahahahahehehehehe

If not, call the professionals.... get it cleaned, then scotch guard it. (so if you spill your scotch on it, you can suck it straight back up with a straw) :lol:

(Shaving foam sprayed onto small stains and brushed with a nail brush is good on little stains)

scotch guard sounds like a good idea! but im renting so stuff that haha.
i dont even think my local woolies (have 2 of them) does the renting out of carpet cleaners?
does anywhere else do that?

Try looking up your local yellow pages under hiring carpet cleaners? might work.... I just bit the bullet and bought a bissell carpet cleaner because we either were renting or in the sticks and couldnt hire the others.....

Try wearing a french maids outfit ..... and ugg boots.... then roll around on the floor :shock: Will make you feel ssssssexxxyyyy BBbbwwwaaahahahahahehehehehehe :lol:

I had a feeling the woolies in Stocklands had the cleaners (or at least used to!). I know Lithgow woolies definately has them but by the time you make 2 trips there it might just be worth hiring a professional, though I have no idea how much they cost.

My place has light beige carpets that were disgusting after 6 months, but thankfully I can steal my parents Bissell on occasion :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back