fully grown jungle carpet python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matty-jungle

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey, i have a jungle carpet python and it is about 1 and half years old. i was just wondering when they reach fully grown. i dont think it will get much longer but i was wondering when it will get fatter and head will get full size.

thanks

It depends largely on how much you feed it. You shouldn't rush these things though. Moderate feeding is invariably the best for the animals sake and its longevity.
Emulate nature.

pythons have indeterminate growth which means they never stop growing, however there growth rate will slow down dramatically once they reach a certain age...
I wouldn't try and over feed your snake to get it to grow, it will just lead to health issues, just enjoy your healthy snake at the size it is now and over time it will reach the size you want...
if you want a larger snake over night then it is probably better to just buy an adult
also i think head size is relevant to the size of the food items your snake is eating, maybe try up the food size and feed him/her less oftern, but that just depends on what you are feeding him/her now

hey, i have a jungle carpet python and it is about 1 and half years old. i was just wondering when they reach fully grown. i dont think it will get much longer but i was wondering when it will get fatter and head will get full size.

thanks

your snake has a fair bit of growing to do, and should amost double in size,
as stated snakes never stop growing, but the rate that the grow will slow down,
once the snake is 3.5 to 4years old you will be able to see how big it will grow,

looking at my jungle thats 18months old and looking at a fully grown one it will double in size and get fairly thick

Youve got a long way to go yet !!

Elvira is 6 foot and she is just over 2. She has slowed down...thank goodness but I think she hasnt quite finished yet......

Just be patient....

Don`t get caught in the trap of over feeding to make it grow fast, I agree with Bushman on this. I don`t know for sure but I doubt wild pythons feed anywhere near as often as we feed them in captivity.

thanks guys, no i dont over feed it and dont want to hurry up the process. i was just curious at which age they do reach full size or slow down alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back