Lighting ideas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunnyfront

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just about to get my Lil albino kicking in his new tank and just wondering what lighting I should go with for seeing him of a night.? I don't want to stress him out with a uv globe during the night and the moonlight globes aren't that bright any ideas? Don't want it to produce heat either. Cheers

Haha everything is set up just want good night lighting so I can display him without stressing him out

Haha everything is set up just want good night lighting so I can display him without stressing him out
yup and red LEDS will do the job , its not a snake enclosure - but u get the idea.

Attachments

• DSCF0289.JPG
    DSCF0289.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 56
Check out CCFL's (cold cathode fluorescent lights).Places like jaycar sell them.

During the day I use white LEDs and during the night (until midnight) I use Blue LEDs. At 20:30 (8:30pm) my Blue lights turn on and at 22:00 my whites turn off. This gives an hour and half overlap where both are on giving a fake twighlight.

I prefer the blue LEDs cos they look a bit like moonlight.

regards Col

I bought a 12inch strip of red led's from ebay for just under $2 posted, no driver of course just the led strip ready to go. they alone light up my lounge room enough for us to easily see everything so I'm going to cut it in half and currently looking at ways to install it to block half the light, works a treat tho for night lighting and cheap to buy/run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back