Dusk to Dawn light controller --> Dawn to Dusk light controller?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

graphitebeans

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I just bought a Dusk to Dawn light controller (similar to a timer) thinking that it had a switch to reverse the function and make it dawn to dusk, BUT IT DOESN'T!!!
I can't return it - it came in one of those stupid blisterpack things, and I had to cut it to open it.
Is it possible to reverse the function? Make it dawn to dusk?
Thanks!

you'll need one of the sparky's here to answer for sure but usually things like this are possible to reverse with some expert modification, sorry I can't help as such will just have to wait for the 'trained professionals' response, and goodluck.

When I worked in brewing, we had a shipment of what were supposed to be "cooling" thermostats come in. Turns out they were heating thermostats instead. We called the manufacturer (local fella) and he came over that afternoon. He said he had mistakenly shipped us his reptile thermostats instead, then proceeded to spend about three minutes on each one - taking the back off and swapping the wires over to turn them into cooling thermostats. It was that simple. Now these were thermostats, not timers, and they were on/off instead of dimming, but the principal may well be very similar. Of course I wouldn't recommend opening yours and tinkering with it, but perhaps a friendly local sparky could very well help, as suggested above.

I think the device he is talking about is used to slowly dim the lights to zero at dusk, then the reverse at dawn. It is used to generate a natural sunset/sunrise effect, so that the enclosure isn't suddenly plunged into darkness of an evening, nor suddenly lit up of a morning. I believe exo-terra make one for fluorescent tubes that seems pretty nifty.

You will need to run the controller to a relay then to the lights to have it work in reverse.

If it's like a timer...
can you just add 12 hours to the time? then it's opposite...

6pm is now 6am..

Not like a timer.It detects when day light levels drop which in turn switches on lights.The trouble is that is the reverse of what the OP is trying to achieve.
If it can be wired to do the opposite the room lights will follow what is happening outside during the seasons.

Ramsayi is correct, you will need to get an electrician to wire a n/c contact relay for you. It is a relatively simple job.

I think the device he is talking about is used to slowly dim the lights to zero at dusk, then the reverse at dawn. It is used to generate a natural sunset/sunrise effect, so that the enclosure isn't suddenly plunged into darkness of an evening, nor suddenly lit up of a morning. I believe exo-terra make one for fluorescent tubes that seems pretty nifty.
Sorry to tell you this PMyers but the op is a female lol don't get angry at me for telling you ok. Sorry I can't help out with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back