Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kam333

Banned
Reaction score
So I had the day off (can do that when self employed) and decided to put some pics up in my albums and realised I havent seen many md morphs. I have a Tiger stripe/RP (not Jag) but i have heard there is some interesting stuff out there. Would be nice to see what can be done with these guys, so if you got something even slightly different dont be shy give us a peek. This is an old pic of mine will try and get a few current ones.DSCF6398 - Copy.JPGDSCF6386.jpg

Last edited:
If you put the MD jag back over an MD I think you would have a good chance of getting a light cream to grey background which looks pretty kickass, then if you put one of those sibs over an albino you would have a stunning Ghost morph. . just a thought.

Neil !!!!
Some how your back on a Australian forum, lets see for how long!

Yes, if i had a md. I was thinking in a couple of years i put my coastal jag with this srx jag to pick the brightest hatchlings to keep along with my best jungle holdbacks to try breed yellow jags. I have a young black and white jungle for the tiger male and a tiger jungle in a few years and a albino. I need to get them all food.

You have some nice snakes :). They all have potential. If you want to get high yellows then that bumble bee looking jungle with the yellowish jag would do very well and if you really want to improve the look then I would be putting a high yellow diamond in the mix. Jag to Jag breeding isnt always the best answer and so far nothing has done well in the super form :cry:. Careful selection can take years out of the equation, how old are these guys? I have been very careful in the last couple of seasons to get the best results possible and not add to the already saturated market, this means less mouths to feed and potential owners are likely to treat them better (higher price tag plus screening process). As for food I use a combination of Hatchling chickens ($1.10 each that can be let go free range in the backyard till at a good size, I use pliers to break their necks (the guilt still gets me.) and also drumsticks, chicken necks and for the big boys Turkey necks. And to vary the diet the occasional rat.

Kam

Colin had some freaking amazing md influenced jags this year, but in all honesty, i would rather not speak about jags on this particular forum.
JMO
Nato

Yep, seen the responses to the Jag threads or heaven forbid morelia milkshakes. The world moves on and Australia curls up in a fetal position occasionally stomping it's feet saying "NO NO NO". I love the Jag look and would like to see were the MD influence could take it but I am also hoping to see what other "possible" morphs might be popping out of the wood work.

Kam

who are you people talking to or about? is this a private joke? or conversation? who is Neil? whats this got to do with this thread?

Love the jags! Im starting off with a Childrens Python,but eventually would love to get a Jag or albino as my next snake.

how about some more just pure MD's instead of these crosses. Pure MD's are so underrated as carpet pythons but their patterns are amazing. I've seen a few granites that look pretty nice. My MD is just a normal but love the pattern better than these Jag MD's.

Love the striped MD in the first post though.

Heya Joshua, There was one available on herptrader last year - I really should have bought it but I was never a fan of MD's and I was unsure of where I was heading with this one. I see your in Gippsland I us to work at the Phillip island wildlife park about 15+ years ago (was not fun). The Jacky dragons in some pockets get absolutely massive, large enough that a few people swear they had seen a Bearded. They also came in some stunning colors. I used to go herping all through that way from Wonthaggi to Glenmaggie. . . Yep the days of no responsibility.

This could be a good thread!!
I would love to see a granite form become common enough that i could own one

Heya Joshua, There was one available on herptrader last year - I really should have bought it but I was never a fan of MD's and I was unsure of where I was heading with this one. I see your in Gippsland I us to work at the Phillip island wildlife park about 15+ years ago (was not fun). The Jacky dragons in some pockets get absolutely massive, large enough that a few people swear they had seen a Bearded. They also came in some stunning colors. I used to go herping all through that way from Wonthaggi to Glenmaggie. . . Yep the days of no responsibility.

I think I seen in on Gumtree a few months ago...
I was after a MD, but decided against it, as I don't have the time for another snake.

Which one?
I went to one last year, sorry to say, it was terreble...

My set up at home was cleaner and safer and more expensive.

Oh yeah, never been to wonthaggi, I probably have just never took notice... Glenmaggie is nice.

I think I seen in on Gumtree a few months ago...
I was after a MD, but decided against it, as I don't have the time for another snake.

Which one?
I went to one last year, sorry to say, it was terreble...

My set up at home was cleaner and safer and more expensive.

Oh yeah, never been to wonthaggi, I probably have just never took notice... Glenmaggie is nice.

Yup Easy to pass Wonthaggi - I lived there, the place sucks @ss. PI wildlife park,I did not know there was more than one. I was not there for long I changed there ways of herp care, including not microwaving the rodents for food and explained how to redesign the reptile section and then they sacked me! I felt disposable and a little violated, sob sob:facepalm: . I am sure it has since changed hands and obviously not for the better.

Pic of one of mine.. I was going to breed them to see what they produce but might wait another few years.
They have a cool belleh pattern

218083_100299716724881_100002345580570_1117_700407_n.jpg

My red 75% MD jag with one of her clutch mates. She was the only one like this in her clutch.

Attachments

• murray clutch mates.JPG
    murray clutch mates.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 118
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back