just back from the vet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maddog-1979

Reaction score
soo my adult beardies are just over 4 yrs old, the male has been getting ready to brumate and been lazy for the last couple weeks, while the female has still been running around and eating/basking as normal. until this morning, i noticed she was curled up under the log, and just figured she was getting ready for winter too. but when i picked her up i knew she wasnt right .

her colour was extremely bright yellow with a black beard, and overnight her head has shrunken/shrivelled, she looks severelly dehydrated, even her legs look thin. i gave her a bath and she pooped a bit and passed some urates, but didnt move overly much. i put her back in the enclosure in a warm spot and ran off to work.

came home at lunch to find her looking no better and in the exact same position i left her, so i took her down to my local reptile place where i was recomended a good vet as he thought she looked to be on her last legs.

vet could not really tell what the problem is, she is not eggbound, not impacted, so maybe her liver or another organ is failing. she has had a antibiotic shot and a fluid/vitamin injection, and we go back tomorrow for a follow up.

i'm not very confident she will make it through the night, she still has not moved on her own yet :-(

husbandry:-
heat is a 40w spotlight globe, shining onto a dark flat rock. basking temps gets into the low to mid 40's, hot end is around the 30's cool end mid 20's /room temp
uv is 5.0, as well as a few hrs natural uv each weekend
fed vegies/fruit everyday as much as they want to eat, mostly pumpkin, bokchoy, mixed lettuce, rocket, red capsicum, fruit is whatever i'm eating at the time strawberries, apple, watermelon etc
crickets or woodies calcium dusted 2-3 times a week

sorry to hear Maddog, fingers crossed the antibiotics work miracles,.....let us know how she goes.

Aww that's horrible news. I hope it all works out ok. Will be thinking of you and good luck with the follow up tomorrow.

thanks for the support guys, will keep it updated. not lookin good right now tho....

she passed last night guys. i found her about 11pm. R.I.P. little girl

i use 5.0 from advise from some local breeders i know, they have been doing it for along time, and highly recomend the 5.0 over 10.0
get her a uvb 10.0 tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back