Only Motorbike riders will understand.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess in this thread

The title really says it all.....

Only motorbike riders will understand

Agreed. There's a pre judgmental person speaking here that has no idea I race my sports bikes and do stupid things on the track so am I a stupid head like you make me out to be? Maybe...... But at least it's a controlled environment

Here's my bad boy
31b20669-7ae6-74bd.jpg

Well one of them :)

Cheers Brenton

Is this where the old 'tough guy biker' thing comes in to play? To answer your question, only to my (ex) brother in law. We had numerous 'discussions' about it, all in good spirit of course... although as it turns out, I was right, (again) as he's no longer with us, like many of your lot he's now pushing up the daisy's.

Do the world a favour and join him.

Agreed. There's a pre judgmental person speaking here that has no idea I race my sports bikes and do stupid things on the track so am I a stupid head like you make me out to be? Maybe...... But at least it's a controlled environment

Here's my bad boy
31b20669-7ae6-74bd.jpg

Well one of them :)

Cheers Brenton

NOICE.... sweet looking weapon mate

I operate an accident tow truck and attend far more fatal car accidents than bike fatals . Most of the bike accidents are caused by car drivers , they cannot see a car or truck coming so they don't even notice a bike . I was told by a driving safety lecturer that bike riders are the safest car drivers because they are used to treating all other road users as potential threats . Also ; 95% of bike fatals occur in the first 5 years of riding so keep an eye out and live to be an old fart :]

Haters gonna hate - just ignore them. They'll never understand and trying to explain it is harder than teaching particle physics to a turtle.

Ahh in that case, well done. Good to hear it has absolutely nothing to do with your winkie.

ouch that would be painful

I'd have to agree... what's the ride. Ain't that hard to scrape the pegs on a CB250 vs a CBR250. Still great feeling though the first time regardless which bike lol.
whats a cb250? try doing it on a harley

I learned to ride on a CB250 at Stay Upright. I didn't like those bikes much, they were a bit higher than I was comfortable with (I'm only 5ft1 :oops:) I scraped a peg on that... when I dropped it. :lol:

gee there are some a-holes on this website,started off with some young guy excited about scraping his foot peg for the first time and ends up with pricks wishing you were dead.GET A LIFE,not all motorcyclists are morons although I agree some of them are brain dead before they start.

Come to the Central Coast and drive along the pacific highway. When idiots on bikes take blind corners on the wrong side of the road at 100km's it is making cars take charge of their safety.
So unless you have driven/ridden there and seen what I'm talking about please don't comment.
Seen it myself, but wouldn't generalize because of 1 or 2.

Incident today. I was riding on a dirt bike near Clarence, had bike issues so was riding back along a dirt road to our camp area. Come around a blind left handed( of which I slowed down to around 20 kmh for) to find 3 4x4 oncoming side by side blocking the whole road. If I hadn't slowed down and taken the corner slower I woulda been a hood ornament from doing the right thing. So I guess today my safety was in the hands of a non bike rider doing the wrong thing.

Btw I cover over 500kms a week for work on a bike decked out in full Fluoro gear and panniers, other drivers still pull out in front/merge and fail to give way. When I'm riding, I perceive every other road user as a threat and also internalize of every incident.

The main rule every rider should adhere to is, once that lid clips on... trust no one!

i trust everyone of them is out to get me
congrats Josh yip its always a buzz 1st or the 1001st i like getting off a bike after a ride & having the adrenalin shakes
ALL cage drivers are out to get ya unless their bikes @ home & they have taken the car for a change

NOICE.... sweet looking weapon mate

Thx mate it goes all right it's a bored out 650 motor in that bad boy it cost more then you could imagine. Thanks for Anthony at pro cycles for all his help and use of there ute best bike shop in sydney.

Cheers Brenton

I operate an accident tow truck and attend far more fatal car accidents than bike fatals . Most of the bike accidents are caused by car drivers , they cannot see a car or truck coming so they don't even notice a bike . I was told by a driving safety lecturer that bike riders are the safest car drivers because they are used to treating all other road users as potential threats . Also ; 95% of bike fatals occur in the first 5 years of riding so keep an eye out and live to be an old fart :]

Great stats there I would agree. I am more aware of everything coz I love my bike.

Cheers Brenton

I learned to ride on a CB250 at Stay Upright. I didn't like those bikes much, they were a bit higher than I was comfortable with (I'm only 5ft1 :oops:) I scraped a peg on that... when I dropped it. :lol:

Hahahahah I did my upright on a hyosung couldn't do the u turn for poo

Cheers Brenton

Last edited:
Go for a drive up the old pacific highway on a weekend towards the Central Coast and watch all of the morons there that put others in danger because they expect people in cars to be monitoring their safety. We went for a drive a few weeks ago and this bike kept getting up my *** (I had my 2 children in the car) so wasn't going to speed for his sake. The knob overtook in the right lane and revved his P.O.S bike and left both myself and my 7 year old son deaf in the right ear for the rest of the day.
The "mid life crisis" gang usually all stop at a restaurant on the pacific highway and I can tell you now that prick on the bike was lucky that he didn't stop there because he would have been waddling home with his helmet and his bike rammed right up his ***.

90% of bikers seem to think it's the job of those in cars to ensure their safety.....

Cage driver pretty much sums it up, you most likely drive a Volvo as well. And as for pulling over and teaching the guy a lesson, good on ya.

And good you Joshua for scaping your peg, and stay right side up.

Last edited:
Hahahahah I did my upright on a hyosung couldn't do the u turn for poo

The stupid thing was I dropped it on the afternoon of the second day after I stalled it for the 50th time (that probably isn't much of an exaggeration either :lol:). I had a lot of trouble with the clutch on that bike due to my short stubby fingers, and the fact that you didn't hit the friction point until the clutch was almost all the way out. I was very relieved when I started riding my own bike, it was 10 times easier.

This thread has had some nasty things said about bike riders, but those who want to wish bad things on us bike riders should remember we all have family waiting for us at home as well who love us just as much as they do you.

This thread has had some nasty things said about bike riders, but those who want to wish bad things on us bike riders should remember we all have family waiting for us at home as well who love us just as much as they do you.

I'm fairly confident that SA_Goannas has no one at all who loves him, that is what has made him such an ignorant, miserable little man.

An alarming number of drivers I have seen driving their vehicle on our roads do so in a dangerous manner. The percentage of dangerous driving VS the number of drivers I've seen on the road, far outweighs the percentage of dangerous riding VS the number of riders I have seen on the road.
Dangerous driving is not merely driving at high speed, taking corners in an inappropriate manner, doing burnouts or hand brake turns. I think that most people who do these kind of things are doing them beyond their skill level and they are idiots. But I also think that many of them are capable of doing these things safely, in appropriate areas, at appropriate times, in appropriate conditions. And more importantly, they have the ability to judge their actions, they have the appropriate skill level and their car is capable of operating under the conditions they have put it under, and as a result they are able to do these sorts of things without endangering themselves or others. They might even look cool doing it.

The type of driving that is the most dangerous and that I see most often is thus:
Drivers being too distracted, by their smart phones, children in the car, the GPS unit, etc;
Drivers not paying attention;
Drivers not looking, especially at intersections and roundabouts.Why do so many drivers drive in this manner?
Maybe they are just having a bad day, maybe they are tired (so they shouldn't be driving anyway), or maybe they just have a lapse in concentration (in which case I would hope they pull over and have a break).
Or maybe...
They just don't care.
They take no pride in the operation of their vehicle, they see it as only a means of getting from A to B, picking the kids up from school, carrying loads, using it when it takes to much effort to simply walk down to the shops.
They see motorcyclists as a nuisance, and would rather not have to share the road with them. Riding is bloody dangerous. If you ride a motorcycle on the road, you have a death wish.
It is this appalling attitude that causes all of the above issues. It needs to be stamped out. There should be a half hour assessment about the reason why people want to drive a car, included in the license testing phase. So that their attitude can be judged, and an assessment made about whether they should be a holder of a Driver's License. People with a poor attitude towards any other road users should never be issued with a license until their attitude changes.
SA_Goannas, you are one of these simple-minded people with a poor attitude towards a very common road user, the motorcyclist. Please get off the roads until your attitude changes, and make the roads a safer place.
Consider this:
People riding motorcycles on the road during peak hour reduce congestion.
Motorcycles have a low carbon-emissions output when compared to automobiles. They are better for the environment.
Motorcyclists are among the most courteous road users out there. Despite rarely having the same courteous attitude shown to them, we (speaking from my own riding behaviours here, I admit) pull over to the next lane on freeways and even regular roads when drivers behind us want to get ahead of us. We stop traffic behind us when the lane next to us is closed/ending and people need to get over. We shorten cues at traffic lights by filtering to the front, and ensure that we do not block pedestrians. We nod at drivers when they have done the right thing.
I believe that motorcyclists represent the highest percentage of safe road use per vehicle type. The average % of motorcycle fatalities and acute hospital admissions is rapidly falling behind the amount of registered motorcycles in Victoria.

SA_Goannas, and all other road users who think most motorcyclists ride dangerously, please adjust your attitude. A positive attitude and smart road-using behaviours from everyone is the real key to lowering fatalities and transport accidents on Australia's roads. Together, we can make our roads a safer, happier and overall better place by educating ourselves, keeping on top of vehicle maintenance, doing the right thing and using common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back