How do i answer this question for my license? Wa

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardLover820

Not so new Member
Banned
Reaction score
PLEASE HELP!! There's a question for getting a reptile license, it says, 'Brief description of facilities for keeping herpetofauna' and I don't understand it quite well, is the paper asking me what type of tank I have or what? And if so, does it mean I must buy the tank first?

Just write a brief description of what sort of tank your planning on getting that should be fine :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if we told you the answer then it would be cheating wouldn't it? :lol:

seriously though just give some rough dimension, heat source, material of enclosure... that sort of stuff.

Yeah, just say "the Australian Reptile Park". But sorry, I do feel sorry for you being in WA. but is your licence for a particular species? Cause I just think it would be silly to say you are keeping awestern swamp turtle in a 6 foot high pythone enclosure.

Alternatively, you could say that all your animals will be kept in adequately sized enclosures depending on the size and activity level of the animal with both temperature and (where required) humidity controls. Water will be offered permanently to all but arid species. Substrates will ensure that hygiene is maintained. You have used "Care of Australia Reptiles in Captivity" by John Weigel as yoru resource for determining caging requirements.

Oh, and maybe ACTUALLY read that book as well.

I usually tell people to just write on it, as recomended by Pilbara Pythons (any licenced dealer will do ) and so far there has been no rejections. You could perhaps put down as recommended by reptile care sheets on the DEC website. Clearly they don't cross examine what you write down (on that part at least)

Im pretty sure I wrote 'to be purchased' on mine. and someone from DEC told me that'd be fine.
was a few years ago now, but I didnt have any dramas..

I write 'suitable enclosure with appropriate heating and lighting' and I've been approved twice with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back