I used to hate cats. But now......Post your cat!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Young Vincent looks like Percy our cat ( he was actually going to be called Vincent! lol) bar the nose colours. They have similar ear tufts etc as well.

Attachments

• ptea5.jpg
    ptea5.jpg
    578.6 KB · Views: 52
spastic_chickin4.jpg

DSC_7040.jpg

I love these pics. He's very cute and he looks very cheeky :)

i like cats, (never used to like them) met my mums friend's cat that had 3 boys in the house, so when i went to pat him, under the table ( i was like 7, didnt realise u dont follow a cat that is hiding) he scratched me and his claw went through my index finger... was messy... i guess that cat didnt like chn... (dont blame it after seeing how they treated the cat)... then i had a bf who's parents had too cats, both rescued. one cat Felix was rescued from a ltter and the chn had dropped him on his nose, so it was a bit wonky, the other cat from a farm where they were just gunna drown them... i liked these cats, Felix HAD to sit on you lap while watching tv, and HAD to sleep between ur underarm. very cute...

my mum isnt a cat person so i cant have cats here, but i plan to own a Russian Blue one day... i love those cats.... I like bengals too but... maybe i'll have two cats LOL

Im not too much of a cat person but my dad has an oriental. He had one before this one and they have been the most loyal cats. His walks up to him before he leaves for work and wants a kiss! So strange, then she sits and the window and watches hin leave, around home time she will be waiting for him, not for food but just to be with him. She will sit next to his computer and sits with him if hes watching tv. Theyre all very friendly from what ive heard.

Im not too much of a cat person but my dad has an oriental. He had one before this one and they have been the most loyal cats. His walks up to him before he leaves for work and wants a kiss! So strange, then she sits and the window and watches hin leave, around home time she will be waiting for him, not for food but just to be with him. She will sit next to his computer and sits with him if hes watching tv. Theyre all very friendly from what ive heard.

My cat isn't an oriental but he's the same. He follows me around in the mornings and wants to be cuddled. I know he isn't sucking up to me for food because I'm not the one who feeds him. He sooks all over me just as much after he's eaten too. He sits in the window and watches when I go somewhere, and greets me when I come home. He also goes running to the door when someone knocks on it, he loves meeting new people and getting pats from people he already knows. He likes sitting on me when I lay down on the couch to watch tv, but he always has to sit in my face haha.

Gr8 stories everyone :D And I'm loving all the pics, hehe

Wednesday has now been toilet trained, yay :D He actively seeks his litterbox out when needed now, so were happy about that, so much easier than training a dog!

We did have a disagreement though, my brother only wants to feed him once a day, and it doesn't look like much either.
So I've been sneaking him an extra meal every morning. I think making him wait all day for his master to come home from work and feed him is a little slack since he doesnt get home from work till about 7. And he doesnt want anyone else feeding him, lol, IMO he needs a major attitude adjustment, haha

Wednesday is still a very cheeky, naughty kitty and is so playful, lol, and he and the dog seem to be getting on better. Though there are times he gets fed up being bullied by the dog and lunges at our pug. Our pug who is many times bigger than him runs away, lol

Is she sneezing? If so I would bet that she has cat flu ;-( and the rest of the litter will also have it... Antibiotics and virus medications will hopefully get her over it!! But she may always have it....and when she gets stressed it will get bad again! Good luck :)

No sneezing luckily.
Vet told us she had cat flu, but it has cleared up thankfully. And her eye infection is also better. :D
Its amazing how quick they grow, after only a couple weeks we have noticed she is not as small and cute anymore lol

On another topic, what does it mean when his hairs are standing on end? I thought it meant he was angry or something, but it seems his hair is standing up all the time......
Does it mean he will always be a naughty boy? Or is the dog stressing him out more than we realise?
--edit--
lols, I still slip up and call him a her every now and then lols, bro gets angry whenever me or mum do it, lol

Kittens can sometimes have a.. 'poofy' type appearance, depends on the cat. Does the fur ever look 'normal'/not standing on end? Typically if it is a scared type behaviour the hair along the spine and the tail will all bristle up very prominently- to the extent that the tail looks like it doubles or triples in size, for shorthaired cats. Cats may also bristle up a little when playing... To tell which is which, it all depends on their other body posturing and behaviour. Ear position, eyes (e.g. dilated or constricted pupils), whether they're arched up, tail position (flicking, relaxed or held vertically), if they seem to be cowering etc are all also signs.

What else does your little guy look like he's doing at the time?

And glad to hear he's improving health wise :D

Well it looks as if all his hair is always standing up, then there are longer hairs scattered all over him, which probably bring more attention to it.
His body language looks ok, have only seen him arch his back once, when the dog surprised him.
It's probably since he is always excited! He is so playful. He bounces around the house at a hundred miles an hour, lol.
And he likes to creep up and stalk things when something catches his eye like sudden movement
I think this kitten has A.D.H.D lols. He continues trying play while hes falling alseep, haha, so funny to watch lol

If its poofy because it's scared, it will probably look like this:

3aa3afab-7e5f-8305.jpg

Hehe :D That just sounds normal to me, and it'll just be his 'type' of fur :p And most kittens seem like they have ADHD lol! Its generally unusual if they don't seem to ;) They're so cute and funny because of it!

If you remember 'Kit' who I showed pictures of before in this thread- he looked rather poofy/fluffy as a baby (my other three didn't), but he doesn't look that way anymore. here's two quick examples- he reminded me of what happens with static hehe... With Kit it was much more prominent in person, but you can still kinda see what I mean with the pics
DSCF4258.jpg

2-3.jpg

And most kittens seem like they have ADHD lol!

Lol, yes. I love watching kittens play. My cat is 16 months old and is still very playful. They're great until you tell them to get off the table...

Attachments

• Cat.jpg
    Cat.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 47
[video=youtube;Q34z5dCmC4M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q34z5dCmC4M&feature=relmfu[/video]

I am super excited! I just ordered a bunch of equipment from catnets.com.au to make an outdoor cat enclosure for my 3 mischievous ragdolls.
It cost me less than $250 including shipping to get everything I need to enclose my 2.5m wide x 7.5m long x2.1m high back patio area, including a huge zipper door for access to the yard, and the stuff to join it to the house. I am in a rental but when I eventually leave (love this place) there will be no visible or significant damage to the house when I take the stuff with me.

I can't wait for the kitty litter tray to be outside! All their accessories (scratch posts, bed, toys, litter, food etc) wil be out in this area that has a roof over 50% of it. We won't have to have anything stinky or unsightly in the house anymore yayyyyyy :) :) :) Kitties will still have access to the house, but can be confined to outside if desired. Most importantly I can turn my 'cat stuff room' back into the reptile room!!!!!

I recommend this site to anyone contemplating an outdoor cat enclosure because it is SO MUCH CHEAPER than anywhere else, and you can DIY to suit absolutely any space you want to convert.

When the stuff arrives and I install it, I will add some pictures!

Last edited:
They are pretty awesome. Might have to look into those when we buy our house. My cats would love to come outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back