Idiots on the road (and off)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoJosh

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I am ranting as I have a problem with people who speed and break road rules, whether they are in a car or on a bike.
2 days ago while my son was being walked home that 2 trail bike riders almost killed him, the pieces of work did not even slow down, they probably thought it was funny, and no it wasn't on a trail either, it was on a foot path near bushland.
Then that same afternoon I was walking with my son and a bunch of idiots were cheering some bogan on doing donuts out the front of their house, he was so busy looking at his mates fro encouragement that he mounted the kerb and almost collected us.
I am so sick of putting up with this crap, all these young adults think they are so awesome but the reality is the majority of society hates them.

If anyone reads this who think they are cool because they can drift, do burnouts etc or break the speed limit in their fully sick turbo V6 on our roads I want you to know that the only people you impress are the scum of society, congratulations.

I have no issue for people who want to do these activities on a race track, hey I might even join you.

car-on-fire-3_1024-600x400.jpg

Last edited:
Yea... then they wrap the sick wrx around a tree and they call it a tragedy Pfft....
Inexperienced drivers in hot cars is a tragedy waiting to happen :rolleyes:

Road rules? what are they? Oh, thats right, thats what you have to do when a cop is watching.... sorry, I forgot :rolleyes:

Yea... then they wrap the sick wrx around a tree and they call it a tragedy Pfft....
Inexperienced drivers in hot cars is a tragedy waiting to happen :rolleyes:

Road rules? what are they? Oh, thats right, thats what you have to do when a cop is watching.... sorry, I forgot :rolleyes:

I wish they would confiscate their cars more often, but at least the cops are managing to impound some of them.

i just dont get it how do they afford these cars in the first place? how can they afford the insurance which would be very high? how can they afford to replace all the tyres they burn out? and how they do afford to put fuel in them to waste it?

i do believe there should be an engine size limit on what anyone under 20 can drive, i do understand there are some very sensible young drivers out there who shouldnt be tarred with the same brush however it would hard to police who are good drivers and who arent

also there should be a limit to the volume and speakers you can have blaring away while driving, im tired of hearing idiots coming from two blocks away, obviously they are NOT concentrating on driving if there is music blasting away in their ears

the government needs to start getting tougher with the youth i mean they can get their license around 17 yrs of age and go out drinking at 18, time to bring in the drinking age of 21 to try at least let them get a few years experience behind the wheel, yes i also realise kids will drink no matter what the legal age is however anyone caught drink driving regardless of their age should do a stint in the morgue to see the results of what happens when you drive drunk, maybe some of those images might put kids off drinking and driving

anything is worth a try and they have got to do something about this texting and driving as well but kids will continue to think 'it wont happen to me' and do what they want to do anyway

another option is dont let anyone under 21 own a car, it and the insurance have to be put in their parents name so that way they make the parents more responsible for the actions of their kids, you cant tell me a lot of these parents dont know what their darlings are getting up to when out and about

guess there is no real solution to it all

Yeah it gets annoying when there are so many idiots/bogans on the road doing all of it and trying to impress friends yet there is never a cop nearby. Also depending on what state or territory you live in Australia, there is engine restrictions for P platers (Usually most P platers are under 20s).

I moved to Brissy, queensland from melbourne 12 years ago and the first thing that I noticed was being a pedestrian was an extreme sport up here. I have come close to being collected crossing the road so many times I lost count. Not just the young ****ers in their latest "daddy paid for it" but all ages and what bothered me more was the Mums in their 4X4 doing 80 in a 50 zone after picking the kids up. after 12 years I still think the drivers up here are the worst. Oh and lets not forget to advertise how stupid they are by putting vinyl with slogans like BAD BITCH or CARE FACTOR ZERO. And if thats not bad enough lets get on the mobile only to stop occasionally to abuse other drivers with a bit of official "road rage" - the term that legitimatised it all. My Bujutsu sensei (ex instructor to the brit SAS with experience in tactical driving) stayed up here with me for a couple of weeks and stated that there was no way he would get behind the wheel up here. Now I live up here on the Sunshine coast with alarger group of d&^k heads flying around through these narrow streets were parents let there kids play. . . Suffice to say I have caught up with a couple of these guys and no amount of logic seems to get through only threat of immediate bodily harm. personally being an extreme sports nut I think drifting rocks (I love the Initial D movie) and I think there should be places more widely available. Proper education and alternative options need to be addressed because the problems not going away.

A friend of mine was killed some yrs back now, by a young guy drag racing down a side street. I was on the phone to him at the time he got hit and I will never forget it. Then a few nights ago, another friend of mine was killed just crossing the road. She was hit by a car and died not long after.

I have no problems with ppl drag racing etc in the correct place. Not on roads but proper drag ways. Too many lives are lost on our roads each day.

I have a need for speed and powerful cars(well had)but I chose to learn how to handle my cars out on mud flats in the bush where the only one I could "hurt" was me.... Yes I used to drag(illegally)but it was on an abandoned road and when it started getting too well known I stopped dragging. I understand what attracts people to hotted up cars etc however I also think there needs to be designated "fun" drag areas perhaps even an amateur night at local dragways(maybe there is?)There were teen boys next door to us and they were great, their friends were not. We lived on a corner and one street was a no through road so all the local kiddies used to ride their scooters and bikes on this road(Breanna included)The Boy's mates came around this corner sideways once and nearly wound up in our patio..... They thought it was hilarious, I went over to them and painted a very vivid picture of what would've happened had any Children been on the road. I also let them know that I would have absolutely no hesitation in reporting them to the Police if they were driving in a negligent/dangerous manner ever again. I didnt have any trouble with them after that thank goodness......

I love the power of hi performance vehicles, including bikes, I'm a rev head even at my age, the biggest problem we have is the lack of education when starting out right at the onset of learning to drive and ride.
We should know that L stands for lunatic and P stands for professional and we learn with age the road is not a controlled environment and should be treated as such, unfortunately a lot don't make it that far to learn that lesson.

Doesn't help when you do the speed limit and every so called "experienced" driver is up your ***.

My other hate with drivers is when Im out horse ridding, and they think its a great idea to get nice and close (often going off the road) to me while im ridding and then beeping the horn....:rolleyes: And for that matter some motor bike riders out in the bush deciding its a great idea to ride at me! I always move and get out of the way so they can pass there is no need to carry on like some do. Had one guy think it was funny to ride at me and lift his front tyre up and at my horses face. We moved out of the way even more, but when we turned around to ride back to his mates (all where laughing) I decided to make my horse rare up and see how he liked it....... he fell off his bike in shock and all his mates laughed harder. I did get off and help him up as well as make it clear that a) they were on private property and should not be here in the 1st place b) id moved over to allow them to pass c) I/they could of been hurt or killed d) he had no need to get aggressive with me as I had moved out of there way. He did say sorry tho!

My other hate with drivers is when Im out horse ridding, and they think its a great idea to get nice and close (often going off the road) to me while im ridding and then beeping the horn....:rolleyes: And for that matter some motor bike riders out in the bush deciding its a great idea to ride at me! I always move and get out of the way so they can pass there is no need to carry on like some do. Had one guy think it was funny to ride at me and lift his front tyre up and at my horses face. We moved out of the way even more, but when we turned around to ride back to his mates (all where laughing) I decided to make my horse rare up and see how he liked it....... he fell off his bike in shock and all his mates laughed harder. I did get off and help him up as well as make it clear that a) they were on private property and should not be here in the 1st place b) id moved over to allow them to pass c) I/they could of been hurt or killed d) he had no need to get aggressive with me as I had moved out of there way. He did say sorry tho!

I've come close to having some potentially very serious accidents in situations just like these, a good friend of mine did. Not everyone rides bombproof horses, such degenerates don't seem to realise that actions they think might be funny can (and do) put people in hospital.

There should be more race tracks for the hooners , don't you guys think ?? I mean im on my l's and see a lot of this stuff on our roads. I mean more race tracks wouldnt solve the problem but it might reduce the some.

There should be more race tracks for the hooners , don't you guys think ?? I mean im on my l's and see a lot of this stuff on our roads. I mean more race tracks wouldnt solve the problem but it might reduce the some.
In my honest opinion I believe it should be mandatory to go through a defensive driving course before getting your license. I think the problem in having race tracks for just "hooners" could be to do with liability and insurance etc not sure..... I would agree with you though :)

theres one near me and every few months ( i think maybe less) they have drift days where people can bring there cars pay the $$$ and get to drift around the track its a go cart track the rest of the time , but it doesn't really stop anything or reduce it ,if anything it kinda encourages it , idiots will always do this kinda thing out on the road because to them it isn't that big of a deal best thing i can think of to reduce it is make red and green p platers drive either a small 4 cylinder front weel drive or a sluggish 4wd ,nothing special and be hard as hell on them if they are caught doing anything stupid and im not talking about the current 3 months loss of licence for any speeding , go hard make it a year with out a licence
im on my ps and can honestly say that driving a 4wd has probably stopped me from doing alot of stupid things that i probably would of done if i was in a commodore or something like it

its really not fair to be grouping all P platers and under 21's into the same catergory. i am a green P plater and im 21 and iv had more older people be absolute tards on the roads then other people my age. i do the speed limit and follow the road rules as do all my friends my age and younger.
you cannot stereo type people simply by their age.
last week i had a guy almost crash into my little micra because he was being an absolute retard and didnt merge out of the way when i was trying to merge on the highway. he wound down his window and abused the **** outta me when clearly he was in the wrong. now this guy would be going onto atleast 50 ( i think) and should have known better. he isnt the only person who would be over 40ish to have abused me for doing the right thing.

its the few people my age that ruin the reputation for the others. yet there isnt a stereotype for older drivers to be douches when there should be!!!
P platers know the rules probably better then most considering they have just been learning all of them for the previous year or so. and yes sometimes they do show off to their mates and are losers BUT NOT ALL OF THEM ARE!!!!!

Doesn't help when you do the speed limit and every so called "experienced" driver is up your ***.

Yep welcome to queensland, I was in shock when I noticed even the police didn't reduce speed to take a corner and I'm from Melbourne where apparently big city drivers are supposed to be bad. Do people (and not all) in qld think there will be nothing around that corner? I like fast and I like to do risky things (Freerunning, mountain climb etc) but not at the risk of others. And no it is def not just the young but all ages nor is it just the Bogans but also middle class angry mothers and Men of any age who obviously think they missed out (or maybe making up for there inadequacies) and then the elderly who should be aware there are others out there that need warning when they want to merge.
This is has got to be one of my pet hates along with parents that smoke in the car with the kids ("ere ave a fag luv")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back