Only Motorbike riders will understand.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ dude, you forgot to add taxi drivers.

top notch Josh! such a good feeling! next is a quicker bike, then track days, then racing.
Oh.... and 3 day road trips with mates where you go out after riding all day to wake up still drunk and still wearing your 1 piece going *** happened last night!? and why is this ****ing cat sleeping on my chest...

An alarming number of drivers I have seen driving their vehicle on our roads do so in a dangerous manner. The percentage of dangerous driving VS the number of drivers I've seen on the road, far outweighs the percentage of dangerous riding VS the number of riders I have seen on the road.
Dangerous driving is not merely driving at high speed, taking corners in an inappropriate manner, doing burnouts or hand brake turns. I think that most people who do these kind of things are doing them beyond their skill level and they are idiots. But I also think that many of them are capable of doing these things safely, in appropriate areas, at appropriate times, in appropriate conditions. And more importantly, they have the ability to judge their actions, they have the appropriate skill level and their car is capable of operating under the conditions they have put it under, and as a result they are able to do these sorts of things without endangering themselves or others. They might even look cool doing it.

The type of driving that is the most dangerous and that I see most often is thus:
Drivers being too distracted, by their smart phones, children in the car, the GPS unit, etc;
Drivers not paying attention;
Drivers not looking, especially at intersections and roundabouts.Why do so many drivers drive in this manner?
Maybe they are just having a bad day, maybe they are tired (so they shouldn't be driving anyway), or maybe they just have a lapse in concentration (in which case I would hope they pull over and have a break).
Or maybe...
They just don't care.
They take no pride in the operation of their vehicle, they see it as only a means of getting from A to B, picking the kids up from school, carrying loads, using it when it takes to much effort to simply walk down to the shops.
They see motorcyclists as a nuisance, and would rather not have to share the road with them. Riding is bloody dangerous. If you ride a motorcycle on the road, you have a death wish.
It is this appalling attitude that causes all of the above issues. It needs to be stamped out. There should be a half hour assessment about the reason why people want to drive a car, included in the license testing phase. So that their attitude can be judged, and an assessment made about whether they should be a holder of a Driver's License. People with a poor attitude towards any other road users should never be issued with a license until their attitude changes.
SA_Goannas, you are one of these simple-minded people with a poor attitude towards a very common road user, the motorcyclist. Please get off the roads until your attitude changes, and make the roads a safer place.
Consider this:
People riding motorcycles on the road during peak hour reduce congestion.
Motorcycles have a low carbon-emissions output when compared to automobiles. They are better for the environment.
Motorcyclists are among the most courteous road users out there. Despite rarely having the same courteous attitude shown to them, we (speaking from my own riding behaviours here, I admit) pull over to the next lane on freeways and even regular roads when drivers behind us want to get ahead of us. We stop traffic behind us when the lane next to us is closed/ending and people need to get over. We shorten cues at traffic lights by filtering to the front, and ensure that we do not block pedestrians. We nod at drivers when they have done the right thing.
I believe that motorcyclists represent the highest percentage of safe road use per vehicle type. The average % of motorcycle fatalities and acute hospital admissions is rapidly falling behind the amount of registered motorcycles in Victoria.

SA_Goannas, and all other road users who think most motorcyclists ride dangerously, please adjust your attitude. A positive attitude and smart road-using behaviours from everyone is the real key to lowering fatalities and transport accidents on Australia's roads. Together, we can make our roads a safer, happier and overall better place by educating ourselves, keeping on top of vehicle maintenance, doing the right thing and using common sense.

yep, what he said

and the best thing about bikes is.... they do WHEELIES

Copyofr2.jpg

An alarming number of drivers I have seen driving their vehicle on our roads do so in a dangerous manner. The percentage of dangerous driving VS the number of drivers I've seen on the road, far outweighs the percentage of dangerous riding VS the number of riders I have seen on the road.
Dangerous driving is not merely driving at high speed, taking corners in an inappropriate manner, doing burnouts or hand brake turns. I think that most people who do these kind of things are doing them beyond their skill level and they are idiots. But I also think that many of them are capable of doing these things safely, in appropriate areas, at appropriate times, in appropriate conditions. And more importantly, they have the ability to judge their actions, they have the appropriate skill level and their car is capable of operating under the conditions they have put it under, and as a result they are able to do these sorts of things without endangering themselves or others. They might even look cool doing it.

The type of driving that is the most dangerous and that I see most often is thus:
Drivers being too distracted, by their smart phones, children in the car, the GPS unit, etc;
Drivers not paying attention;
Drivers not looking, especially at intersections and roundabouts.Why do so many drivers drive in this manner?
Maybe they are just having a bad day, maybe they are tired (so they shouldn't be driving anyway), or maybe they just have a lapse in concentration (in which case I would hope they pull over and have a break).
Or maybe...
They just don't care.
They take no pride in the operation of their vehicle, they see it as only a means of getting from A to B, picking the kids up from school, carrying loads, using it when it takes to much effort to simply walk down to the shops.
They see motorcyclists as a nuisance, and would rather not have to share the road with them. Riding is bloody dangerous. If you ride a motorcycle on the road, you have a death wish.
It is this appalling attitude that causes all of the above issues. It needs to be stamped out. There should be a half hour assessment about the reason why people want to drive a car, included in the license testing phase. So that their attitude can be judged, and an assessment made about whether they should be a holder of a Driver's License. People with a poor attitude towards any other road users should never be issued with a license until their attitude changes.
SA_Goannas, you are one of these simple-minded people with a poor attitude towards a very common road user, the motorcyclist. Please get off the roads until your attitude changes, and make the roads a safer place.
Consider this:
People riding motorcycles on the road during peak hour reduce congestion.
Motorcycles have a low carbon-emissions output when compared to automobiles. They are better for the environment.
Motorcyclists are among the most courteous road users out there. Despite rarely having the same courteous attitude shown to them, we (speaking from my own riding behaviours here, I admit) pull over to the next lane on freeways and even regular roads when drivers behind us want to get ahead of us. We stop traffic behind us when the lane next to us is closed/ending and people need to get over. We shorten cues at traffic lights by filtering to the front, and ensure that we do not block pedestrians. We nod at drivers when they have done the right thing.
I believe that motorcyclists represent the highest percentage of safe road use per vehicle type. The average % of motorcycle fatalities and acute hospital admissions is rapidly falling behind the amount of registered motorcycles in Victoria.

SA_Goannas, and all other road users who think most motorcyclists ride dangerously, please adjust your attitude. A positive attitude and smart road-using behaviours from everyone is the real key to lowering fatalities and transport accidents on Australia's roads. Together, we can make our roads a safer, happier and overall better place by educating ourselves, keeping on top of vehicle maintenance, doing the right thing and using common sense.

You joined a snake forum at midnight just to post all that? Interesting. But I agree with some of what you have written (the rest of it indicates you live in fairyland), in an ideal world that would be great. But as per the photo so eloquently posted after you (& I have quoted below), this is exactly what I am talking about. There are just as many idiots driving cars as there are motorcyclists, probably more, but you're a lot safer in a car. But as per the thread title, no I won't ever understand :)

yep, what he said

and the best thing about bikes is.... they do WHEELIES

Copyofr2.jpg

Thanks for clarifying many people's opinion of many motorcyclists. Would you ride like that past a police car? Insert excuses below.....

Last edited:
I love how the 'actual' snake threads are closely monitored for absolute absurdity in remove/deleting threads... but in this post there are many personal attacks and none of them back been removed.

Seriously, I used to Ride, and as I go I should go for my P's it got closer to Winter in Canberra, and I just kept weighing up the risks...
1) It's freaking cold in winter here and I wouldn't ride for 4-5months of the year....
2) Even on a good day, I'm dodging at least 2 -3 incidents from Cars who really just don't look.... (not all cars but yes it happens a lot even with the massive roads in Canberra)...
3) The risk was too high and upgrading my licence would only entice me to get a bigger bike which even increased it...

I'm not saying it's always dangerous etc, I will likely get another one when I am a bit older but probably only dirt bikes etc or if I decide for long trips blah...

My brother and his mate both ride, and thankfully my brother is suspended for 3 months at the moment for doing over 45 in a 110 on the hume... auto suspension on NSW licence $750 fine... and 6 ? points...
My mate who lives with me 2 weeks before he got his licence 'changed' to ACT but got caught doing the same in NSW only got the fine (no points)...

BOTH of them said 'we won't speed (MY MATE IS ONLY ON HIS L's FFS)....At least my brother was on his full...

Fact is you have a weapon of a machine that can boot in the speed at any time and cause many things to happen... yes you get an adrenaline rush but IMO that kick every now and then isn't worth the higher risk of my death I have known at least 2 people who have died on bikes.

Any who.... my2c...

SA_Goannas is entitled to his opinion as is everyone else, that's no excuse to personally attack him as someone else has done in this thread. Many people share his opinion (I don't) but can we get this thread back on topic a new rider took a step in realising his limits when riding which is a good thing, once you hit your limits you can start to work with in your own safetly/comfort boundries... which in turn will make you a better rider..

- Riders who drive are more cautious of other riders because they really don't want to be on receiving end and if they were on the giving end then well that's just worse for all involved :|

MMMMMMCrow eater

I'm fairly confident that SA_Goannas has no one at all who loves him, that is what has made him such an ignorant, miserable little man.

This fella is just the type that kills motorcycle riders because they drive their cars with contempt, what a self righteous prick.
How did the hoon laws come into place?
That would be young male car drivers!
Not all motorcyclists are the same but unfortunately most young men are and this is nothing new and nothing that will change.

Last edited:
Holy crap, I'm gone for one day and there is an argument...

Most of us who have written on this post are motorcyclists, thanks for the pat on the back.

@ SA goannas,
I know what you mean and I'm sure most of the other people on here agree that yes, motorcycles are dangerous, but only because of the people riding them.
You drive a car yes? Have you ever, EVER done a burn out? EVER dragged? EVER seen how quick your baby can go?
If not, you obviously drive a Prius.

Yes, there are some real stupid motorbike riders, but are you saying that there is no such thing as a stupid Commodoor driver? Stupid XR6 XR8 driver?
Stupid Skyline driver?

Motorcyclists know the risks involved in riding them.

I went up to mount Baw Baw a while ago, and the cars were in the middle of the road... I really have to disagree with you in saying we make the cars move for us... I'm sorry mate it's just no correct.

I also think that if someone get's hurt riding a motorbike, because they were doing stupid things, then that is their fault.
I also think that about car drivers.

As mentioned before, car drivers really are the ones we need to look for, because they simply do not look.

I drive a car, and I now look to make sure there are no bikes, because I know what it's like to have somone pull infront of you, or pull out of you.
It's effin scary.

Though, however scary it is, riding a motorbike is enjoyable, you feel free, when riding somewhere and you see others riding, you feel like just a bunch of mates even if you don't know them. You should give it a go one day.

If I hurt myself because I was doing somthing stupid, I'd wear it...
I'm sure this goes for all the other motorcyclists too.

poor old SA Goanna dude has just been drinking too much HATERADE

i dont have to hate on anyone,them included,cause i worry about my own stuff i dont lie awake at night hating on other people cause they actually enjoy an amazing passion like riding motorcycles,and riding in a way they would never be capable of cause they lack the basic locomotive skills and hand eye coordination.So stems there hatred.

3aa80f88-80ae-9bb0.jpg
I just did a burnout and side swiped three cars for the fun of it lol. Haha (joke) but that is my tire brand new after 3 laps on a track I was prety disappointed to still have wax on the side :(

Cheers Brenton

3aa80f88-80ae-9bb0.jpg
I just did a burnout and side swiped three cars for the fun of it lol. Haha (joke) but that is my tire brand new after 3 laps on a track I was prety disappointed to still have wax on the side :(

Cheers Brenton

Those strips would be called......that's right, chicken strips.
Good work on the tyre.

3aa80f88-80ae-9bb0.jpg

Cheers Brenton
Your bike has a very bad back rebound problem by the look of that tyre. You are wasting good money on tyres and losing on lap times.
It is not melted from riding quick, but from poor bike set up.

Last edited:
Nice bikes :)

Attachments

• Me at Saturday Learner's practise.jpg
    Me at Saturday Learner's practise.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 78
Your bike has a very bad back rebound problem by the look of that tyre. You are wasting good money on tyres and losing on lap times.
It is not melted from riding quick, but from poor bike set up.

What do you mean back rebound? That was dirt test of the bike after a major rebuild of everything.

Cheers Brenton

SA_Goannas is entitled to his opinion as is everyone else, that's no excuse to personally attack him as someone else has done in this thread.

Really? He didn't attack anyone? Wishing injury and or death on motorcycle riders is not an attack? Read the whole thread and try again champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back