Hot in Darwin today!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beeyootiful! It's winter for us, 20-30o, not a cloud in the sky. you'll love it!

Excellent! I'll be up there with a bunch of mates for Terrorfest :D We were all in Darwin around October last year and loved it!

Any chance of estimating what it'll be like up there beginning of June? :p
I went to Darwin from Sydney last July and didn't want to go back home! It is a brilliant time to visit. When I got back to Sydney and started to unpack in my freezing bedroom, my clothes were still warm. I nearly cried.

I went to Darwin from Sydney last July and didn't want to go back home! It is a brilliant time to visit. When I got back to Sydney and started to unpack in my freezing bedroom, my clothes were still warm. I nearly cried.

When we flew into Sydney it was raining and cold and miserable. I nearly cried too :(

God I love Darwin - and the rest of the Top End. I used to get to travel there on a semi-regular basis and I always felt depressed when the time came to fly back home. Trying to drown my sorrows in the Fannie Bay Ale House at the airport never really helped all that much...

Against expectations, the time of year I loved best turned out to be the wet, which was like stepping into a parallel universe. The dry season's great, too, while the build-up just about does your head in - a bit like the fourth schooner at the Fannie Bay Ale House.

I love the wet season.
Weather with attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back