Only Motorbike riders will understand.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about this one, did you read that?

No sympathy for them, they deserve all they get & then some....

Or this?

Hence if me being a 'sicko' is drawing some level of satisfaction from these idiots smashing themselves up & even killing themselves then I am glad to be a 'sicko'. As then there's one less idiot on the road.

Or

if I state here what I really hoped happened to him (& others like him) then some of these 'Temporary Australians' are going to get their knickers in a knot. Big time.

Your bike has a very bad back rebound problem by the look of that tyre. You are wasting good money on tyres and losing on lap times.
It is not melted from riding quick, but from poor bike set up.
Are u talking excessive or insufficient rebound?? It's not melted, it's looks to me like the natural rubber build up on the outside of the tyre from not being laid over far enough. Although its just my interpretation of the pic so I may be wrong

What do you mean back rebound? That was dirt test of the bike after a major rebuild of everything.

Cheers Brenton
See how you have rubber build up behind the tread, it shouldn't be there.
This is a pic of my road bike tyre ( yes from riding it at the track ) see how the tyre is clean behind the tread groove that's what you want to see on a good set up bike.
20100926073527.jpg

See how you have rubber build up behind the tread, it shouldn't be there.
This is a pic of my road bike tyre ( yes from riding it at the track ) see how the tyre is clean behind the tread groove that's what you want to see on a good set up bike.
20100926073527.jpg

Ok is that because of suspension? What would effect that?

Cheers Brenton

I know what you mean now it's because my tires where over inflated for the track

Cheers Brenton

Thanks for clarifying many people's opinion of many motorcyclists. Would you ride like that past a police car? Insert excuses below.....

you know he is on a public road how exactly? you don't notice the large fence behind in the pic' I guess. this could very well be in a complex owned by himself or someone he knows and it's private land with a large private driveway/parking area, this is the case MOST the time since it's dangerous otherwise.

When I was living back in Perth I had a few 'mates' who come to my old man's work for the open private and safe car park an we'd have a fun arvo' safely and out of the way of anyone.

Last edited:
Ok is that because of suspension? What would effect that?

Cheers Brenton

I know what you mean now it's because my tires where over inflated for the track

Cheers Brenton
Yeah suspension rebound is too slow or too quick you can't tell that from a pic but its easy to get a start in the right direction with a simple test you can do your self with the bike. Mate google tyre reading and put it in youtube as well. Its just too hard for me to tell you over the net.
What tyre pressure where you running and what track is that at?

Which club you joining?
Banditos?
Hells Angels?
Gypsy Jokers?
Comoncheros?

None of those for me, I like hanging around the people from the motorcycle forum I'm on. A heap of us are going for a ride on Sunday:

Black Dog Ride National 1 Day Ride*

Really looking forward to this one, and I'll have to take lots of pics :D

I don't think that things any where near 1200cc lol

Nope, just a little 250 :)

I went to a bike show that was run by the Bandidos not long ago, here's the pics from that, plus the bike I want next (first pic).

Attachments

• Harley2.jpg
    Harley2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Harley3.jpg
    Harley3.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 71
  • Harley5.jpg
    Harley5.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Harley11.jpg
    Harley11.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Harley12.jpg
    Harley12.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Harley15.jpg
    Harley15.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Harley23.jpg
    Harley23.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Harley24.jpg
    Harley24.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 59
  • Harley33.jpg
    Harley33.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 58
  • V Star XV650 Classic in red.jpg
    V Star XV650 Classic in red.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 62
Yeah suspension rebound is too slow or too quick you can't tell that from a pic but its easy to get a start in the right direction with a simple test you can do your self with the bike. Mate google tyre reading and put it in youtube as well. Its just too hard for me to tell you over the net.
What tyre pressure where you running and what track is that at?

I'll pm you thx

Cheers Brenton

I'm having a mid-life crisis and have been since 22? wow think it's time to see the doc about it then, $5,000 for a 'penis extension' haha times it by 10 and add 6 extra cylinders or more then your on your way to mid-life crisis vehicles oh and sorry ladies guess your all after that extension too by the looks :rolleyes:

Wow, the mid-life crisis crew has a name for people who drive cars.......like normal people. You are one "rad dude".

And no I don't drive a volvo, nor do I ride a $5000 penis extension to make up for little wang syndrome.

You're just a troll with issues. Take it somewhere else you big keyboard warrior and stop trying to wreck this thread.

actually Sa goannas and batanga are the ones who get trolled regularly and there the ones ending up going FFFFFFUUUUUU

there in the cars in this pic

motorcycle_9e54bf_2627013.jpg

Good one Josh!
Keep it up(right), have fun & stay safe!..
I've grown up with a great group of mates riding Tamborine mountain every weekend and my first scrap was on a GSXR 650 going up there at some funtastic pace - my long ponytail also hit the bitumen - my mates behind on their Ducati's said it looked alright - but hey also noticed I was wearing a g at he time lol...
To those who don't ride or have not grown up riding it's hard to understand that when you are one with the bike there is no fear, they handle, corner, steer and stop as they are supposed too... I have lost many friends on the mountain...
(Yes it is a public road and great for a Sunday afternoon drive - the road is shared and anyone on that road knows it's there for riders too.)
Less now that we are older, (& more sensible) now the one's that are left we lose to diseases like cancer RIP Myles, Penny my dearest friends...
But I tell you those of us who have ridden all of our lives, it get's in your blood and you can get pretty cranky if you haven't been for a ride in a while -
just like herping it's an addiction... Enjoy and stay safe...
Josh the "L" plate a bit silly - but you are just testing your limits... don't push it too soon... again have fun & stay safe..
Ducati's go faster... Yellow one's are safer to be seen on... and thats my beautiful daughter modelling my bike... & yes sometimes it lives in my lounge room lol...
sherrie ducati yellow.jpg
P9100590.jpg
P9100600.JPG

Arrrggghhhhh!!! All this analytical crap about the reasons why people ride bikes... They ride them because they're exhilarating! Bikes of any sort and capacity are sometimes hard work... like 500km in heavy rain... but mostly they're just fantastically stimulating and pure fun :)! I've had sports roadbikes on & off throughout my life, since 1974 actually, when bikes were VERY different and sooo primitive. 12 months ago took the plunge again and bought one capable of reaching 100kph in 2.7 seconds, and a top speed a shade under 300kph. To say that I love riding it at every opportunity is an understatement. I'm 63, and I've had the snide mid-life crisis comments and other crap thrown at me since then. But I couldn't care less - only other riders know what it's about and what we get from our machines. I've done 1000km days with ease on a few occasions, and the sense of weary satisfaction is immense! I like speed, but to suggest that I compromise my own safety or that of others is nonsensical.

I share your joy at the touchdown Josh! Just be sure you only do those things when you know what's ahead of you and you'll have a great motorcycling life :).

Not sure that Dukes do go faster however SissysMum :)

Jamie

Attachments

• K1300S0003.jpg
    K1300S0003.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 56
  • K1300S0002.jpg
    K1300S0002.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 46
Wow, the mid-life crisis crew has a name for people who drive cars.......like normal people. You are one "rad dude".

And no I don't drive a volvo, nor do I ride a $5000 penis extension to make up for little wang syndrome.

Mid-life crisis crew? That's funny, I'll be 23 this year, I'm certainly not having a mid-life crisis. I only drive my car if I have to, my bike is much more fun, and it's much cheaper. I can get 200kms to tank which I pay little more than $10 for. The social aspect of it is fantastic to, I've met a lot of great people through riding, and in my experience they tend to be nicer than those 'normal' people who drive cars. If you think people ride bikes to make up for 'little wang syndrome' how do you explain all the female riders? You make a lot of assumptions. Is it you who has the little wang since you keep referring to it? :p

it get's in your blood and you can get pretty cranky if you haven't been for a ride in a while

Absolutely right, I took my bike out yesterday, I hadn't ridden since Wednesday and I was getting cranky.

Last edited:
Mid-life crisis crew? That's funny, I'll be 23 this year, I'm certainly not having a mid-life crisis. I only drive my car if I have to, my bike is much more fun, and it's much cheaper. I can get 200kms to tank which I pay little more than $10 for. The social aspect of it is fantastic to, I've met a lot of great people through riding, and in my experience they tend to be nicer than those 'normal' people who drive cars. If you think people ride bikes to make up for 'little wang syndrome' how do you explain all the female riders? You make a lot of assumptions. Is it you who has the little wang since you keep referring to it? :p

Absolutely right, I took my bike out yesterday, I hadn't ridden since Wednesday and I was getting cranky.

Bike riders nod at each other when they pass each other or stopped at the lights.... tin tops flip each other off lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back