Weird behaviour...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidy_1200

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I got my Hypo Bredli - "Diablo" out for a handle a little earlier tonight and he acted a little weird.
Firstly, when I picked him up to get him out he was normal, although as soon as he was all the way out of his enclosure he clamped down/constricted my hand and wrist real hard and did like a shivering action...
after that he was normal for a while, but then started constricting my arm and wrist again (which he wraps around about 3-4 times now), wasnt in anyway painful or anything like that just really weird bahaviour.
Any ideas on what this could indicate?
posted a pic of Diablo and his enclosure
Cheers.

IMG_0758.jpg
IMG_0757.jpg

if he was feed yesterday and his food bump is already gone he probably is hungry and needs bigger food item

ok cool, I gave him a hopper sized rat, which ive only just started giving him lol he was on two of the rats just under that. weaners i think they were...

Maybe he is just testing out his growing strength?

He was just thanking you for his kick *** enclosure....

Yeah, it sounds to me like he's hungry :) up his food a bit more, the bulge should last a good 3 days.
Awesome enclosure, and gorgeous bredli!!

It depends how much of a bulge it is leaving in the first place, but by the sounds of it - if it's gone within a day. I would be upping the size.
As asked previously, how long is he? That could help with us suggesting the right food size :) My bredli female is just over 2m and she's eating medium adult rats.
I don't think you would have been feeding weaners, as I've always been told hoppers were before weaners, and from weaners you go up to adult sizes (but that's just what I've always been told)

It depends how much of a bulge it is leaving in the first place, but by the sounds of it - if it's gone within a day. I would be upping the size.
As asked previously, how long is he? That could help with us suggesting the right food size :) My bredli female is just over 2m and she's eating medium adult rats.
I don't think you would have been feeding weaners, as I've always been told hoppers were before weaners, and from weaners you go up to adult sizes (but that's just what I've always been told)
As I said, what ever is under hoppers. I guessed weaners but they were called fuzzies (the ones that are still babies but have hair). my bad...
So maybe I should go UP to weaners...?

Yeah, I was just checking, because some people call different rat stages different names. Sorry.
I would go up to large weaners if possible :)

ok cool, thanks trouble, will grab some weaners next time and see how he goes...
just gave him another hopper tonight, and yeah, theres not much of a bulge hey... still, bet hes lovin me right now hahaha two feeds in two days hahahaha

Pretty sure all snakes do that. I think they're stretching or warming up. Mine do it when they're around my neck and sometimes arms and usually when they're a bit cold. I don't think there is anything wrong with your snake. :)

Maybe temps are to high so he's digesting his food alot faster ... gorgeous bredli and epic setup btw :)

Yeah they tend to spaz out a bit when they are hungry, you want to see a bulge for at least a few days, and you should avoid handling them for 3 days or so, I would be a liar if i said i don't hold them 2 days after they eat, just make sure they don't coil up their gut and stress out, or else you could smell one of the worst smells you could ever smell... smelly smell it is.

I always thought hoppers where after weaners.... i don't know, i haven't fed mice for years, now its 2-3lb rabbits.

My stimmie will do that if she is close to going into a shed or is hungry like others have said!

just saw this is an older post....... I need a coffee....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back