Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chanzey

Reaction score
Hello, saw this guy today on the beach, just wondering what it is? Sorry for bad photos.. phones you know :p

ii 017.jpg ii 018.jpg ii 019.jpg

baby eastern water dragon is what it looks like to me, though the strips on its back throw me, so it might be something else

+1 for cute. :) I'd love to know what it is too so I'll keep checking back. Lucky find too because he blends into the dried leaves etc pretty well considering he's at a beach? Seems a bit odd to me but he must be managing ok.

Pretty sure thats a Jacky Dragon (Amphibolurus muricatus)
Not 100% certain though. But its definitely not a water dragon

nope not a water dragon lol, the heads and tails are really similar though, what's in between the two isn't though

Attachments

• IMG_0562.jpg
    IMG_0562.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
how silly of you all

dont you remember the song??

his name is PUFF
draconis majicus

Diporiphora australis, Tommy Roundhead a type of two-lined dragon. Snakeluvver Jacky Dragons aren't found further north than the Wide Bay/Burnett area.

Tommy Roundheads are everywhere around Townsville.

I thought it was a Tommy Roundhead at first but for some reason something about it threw me. And the fact that CamdeJong is right and Jackies are found nowhere near Townsville makes me feel even stupider lol, I must've been really tired when I posted that, even though it was only at 7pm.

+1 for cute. :) I'd love to know what it is too so I'll keep checking back. Lucky find too because he blends into the dried leaves etc pretty well considering he's at a beach? Seems a bit odd to me but he must be managing ok.

There was a fair bit of foreshore vegetation so Im guessing he spends most of the time in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back