what am i sharing my shower with??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezmay

Reaction score
hey guys, wat r these frogs?? there r heaps in my shower.... they can climb n stick to walls so im guessing not baby toads?? frogs.jpgfrogs2.jpgfrogs3.jpgfrogs4.jpg

lol, im trying not to but i have like 30+ in my shower?! they must have had babies in my drain or something!! :)

I'd be happy to help, but if you could post clearer pictures of individuals we may be able to identify them to the species. Otherwise its hard to say with conviction. Aforementioned identification of C. signifera incorrect as that species doesn't occur in the NT (reference 'Knight, F. & Tyler, M. (2009). Field Guide to the Frogs of Australia. CSIRO Publishing, Collingwood, Victoria).

wel i took all the ones i caught n put them outside and the rest r just hanging round in the shower still... they r too quick to catch!! here in the nt we dont have hot showers luckily ;) i will try n get more pics but they r pretty flighty!! i thought maybe javilen frogs?? only judging by how quick they r?!

I'd be happy to help, but if you could post clearer pictures of individuals we may be able to identify them to the species. Otherwise its hard to say with conviction. Aforementioned identification of C. signifera incorrect as that species doesn't occur in the NT (reference 'Knight, F. & Tyler, M. (2009). Field Guide to the Frogs of Australia. CSIRO Publishing, Collingwood, Victoria).

Good point Maybe crinia remota either way that 3rd pics screams crinia. Might I add that there may be a possible population that was introduced through freight and stowaways, escaped pets etc. Just because a species in not naturally found in its native habitat does not mean it has established a population well beyond its native range. (trust me this is occuring more frequently)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back